PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra Trevors

fritzy
16-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Giday Fellas,
spent the week up at kings beech caloundra for physio schoolies week and had a sick time. Even better than the women and the booze was the fishing - JUST SENSATIONAL ;D ;D. First session using raiders and poppers - no hits, but left before the sun went down. Next afternoon fella we fished with the day before told us he got some good GT's after dark. So we stayed, and took two beautiful fish around the 5 pound mark - and missed some HUGE hits. Didn't get out again till Monday, perfect tide about 7pm high, soon as it got dark the monster trevors came in. I lost a huge fish, and broke my 12 foot spin rod, so changed over to my dads gary howard breambo. Bit light given the size of the fish but i thought what the hell. I had the pick of the spots - the fish were feeding just along the edge of the rocks and the whitewater. Another cast and my mate ben comes up solid. On 10 Lb fireline he did a great job landing a 3.5 kg (approx 8-9 lb) GT after loosing some 200m of line.
Then the fish really came on, two other blokes hooks up and were busted off. I kept going increasing the spin speed to get the halco to skim the surface - SMASH - the splash behind the lure was huge, but the hooks missed. Next cast it was on. After 15 minutes brought in a 4.5 kg GT (on a bream rod) and did let fly with some excited language. These are the best fish i have taken landbased. Also let fly when another bloke threw his lure straight over my line (while hooked up) twice in a row. [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif]Some people need to grow a brain. [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]Ah well ended up with 6 GT for the week (all bigger than 2kg), so for a last minute decision to take the fishing gear on a schoolies week was pretty bloody happy. What was perhaps even better was the looks on the gorgeous physio girls faces when we came home with fish for dinner. [smiley=iloveyou.gif] [smiley=iloveyou.gif]They definately wanted our bodies. SEN-BLOODY-SATIONAL [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].
Thanks heaps for all the tips the other week on my thread in saltwater. Can't wait to get the photos - are on girls digital cameras so will have to give them the hurry up. Hopefully in the next few days.
Cheers Fritzy

Benno
16-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you had a great time mate.. make sure the photos aren't all of the fish!!!!!

Benno

Billo
16-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I feel some back pain coming on now ;D ;D ;D

top effort , looking forward to the pics ;)

flickflack
16-11-2005, 01:39 PM
good one fritzy, fish and girls mate makes me want to go back to school ;) ;)

fincho
16-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey fritzy,

Too bad about the rod but sounds like some awesome times and solid fish!!! Think i might be giving caloundra a go chasing the trevs now!!!! :P Keep up the good work and cant wait for the pics!!

FINCHO

fritzy
16-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Will try to get a few photos of the girls mate, they are worth looking at.
Some might even be better than big GTs... MIGHT BE...
Cheers Fritzy

fritzy
16-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Billo,
Those things pull like crazy eh!! Can almost pull the arms out of ya sockets when they hit an 70 gram halco twisty travelling at light speed. I was amazed at the speed of those fish. We were winding flat out, and they were easily taking the lures. I honestly didn't know that fish of that sort of quality were available in that sort of area. What's more one of the other blokes fishing there recons they were catching them to 8 and 10kg the week before last!! :o :o Thats massive!! Would not mind hooking one of those on my dads bream rod.... ;D ;D
Interesting that they only came on after dark. No hits at all untill the sun went down. Anyone got any reasons for this?? Better camoflague from the bait?? My big one had a butter bream about the size of my hand in its gut that had obviously just been eaten as it wasn't digested at all. (have got a photo of that as well).
And why not on poppers?? Did alot of fishing with halco roosters - but didn't even get a hit. They seemed to want the raiders, twistys and nothing else.
Flickflack, now that the degree is finished - i am really gonna miss it.
Cheers Fritzy

FOOCKCHUCKER
16-11-2005, 05:13 PM
ah young and care free and smelling FISHY! oh the memorys well done son well done ;D

caloundra
16-11-2005, 05:25 PM
well done fritzy
sounds like you had a good time up here
where they caught off kings beach?

Daniel

fritzy
16-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Cheers Fellas,
great to have a trip with a bit of luck involved. ;) ;)
Yeah caloundra got em off kings beach, just walked up from the beach, threw in a lure and it was on. SWEET AS!! ;D ;D
Cheers Fritzy

Dart_Raider
16-11-2005, 06:08 PM
On ya kris!!!! You little beeeeeewdy.......although i love dart on raiders, id swap em for a big gt any day. Ill keep you and everyone else in ausfish land posted on my fishing adventures in South Africa and Mozambique!!!
Simmo

Scott15
16-11-2005, 06:14 PM
top work fritzy. sounds like stacks of fun

rocket
16-11-2005, 07:01 PM
You'll have to try offshore fishing mate ... if they went nuts over a feed of GT's, imagine what you'll get for a feed of Pearl Perch??? 8-)

fritzy
16-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Cheers Simmo and Scott,
Simmo have a great time overseas mate. Will have to catch up for a session when you get back.
OHH rocket, mate you have got me very interested... ;)Very interested indeed... ;)
Think it has something to do with males providing for females that gets em going. The looks on their faces when we walked in the apartment door was dead set awesome. UNFORGETABLE!! Wish i had a photo of it!!! We even showed up 30 minutes late to dinner as a result. We expected to get our arses kicked instead we got heaps of swooning... ;D ;D ;D
Cheers Fritzy

Hookem_Herby
17-11-2005, 07:06 AM
WOW Fritzy!!! Awesome fish, awesome story, just bloody awesome!!!! :o ;D
I'd love to have that sort of session. You can't beat trevors for fun and sport - they really know how to fight! ::)
And this was just off the beach or off the rocks? Weird that they didn't feed or bite BEFORE dark. I'll be up there this w.e. Might have to take the spin stick and a couple of lures. hehehehe
Well done once again, looking forward to the pics. ;)

Herby

NeMo84
17-11-2005, 08:58 AM
very nice fritzy the GT's sure do fight like hell, i remember catching some not even that big on my 6lb bream rod and having a great time, they're such powerful swimmers and when they're feeding its no holds barred, anyway good to hear it all went well for ya....Carlos ;)

NeMo84
17-11-2005, 09:04 AM
heres a pic of one trevally(not a GT) i caught on 6lb one night, cant wait to see yours though, this ones like their baby cousin ;)

fritzy
17-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Cheers Nemo,
Nice fish on 6lb gear mate - bet it gave ya some stick!! ;) ;)Should be catching up with the girls to get the photos today or tomorrow. Mate, those fish are just so sweet. They pull so bloody hard. They are one species of fish that dont know how to give up. When you think you can bring them in on a wave, they just say stuff you and pull one last time. Brilliant fish.

Herby, i got em off the rock ledge in front of the broadwalk at kings beach. Look for the spot where the coffee rock juts out abit and there is deep water, as well as some white watyer right to the rocks. Tried early morning (during dark till sun up) without result - they seem to just love that nighttime twilight period for some reason. Probably be a few other fellas out there if the fish are still around. One fella is a kiwi and is a deadset champion, he put us onto heaps of tips and fish - and took a few rippers himself. Would be a good bloke to chat to. We found that 85 gram raiders worked the best, usually when spun flat out. Also caught fish on 70 gram halco twistys - my best one.
Best of luck - hope you pull a few twice the size of ours, looking forward to your report.
Cheers Fritzy

fritzy
22-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Giday Fellas,
Fritzy here, finally got those pics of the trevors off the girls but have got no idea of how to post em. Any tips would be great. They are saved in Jpeg format - how do i attach em.
Cheers Fritzy

Fishin_Dan
22-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Fritzy... At the bottom of the reply box, there is a button saying "Browse". Click on this, browse through and double click on the first photo. Then reply.

Then repeat for the rest of the photos...

If you get stuck, email them to me, and I'll post em for ya

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Hopefully i have got it worked out.
Cheers Dan.
Group photo 1. The physio schoolies team.

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Group photo 2. Best unit EVER...

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Best fish for the week...

Jacksta
22-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Gday Fritzy,

when you said you got em of the rock ledge infront of the broadwalk is that the rocks left to Kings Beach ?! Bloody great stuff champ nice fish, and nice birds :P

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Another...
We were only slightly pumped...
What the photo doesn't show is the looks on the girls faces...

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Mine on the Lie detector. Blood numbers are too small for the camera. Went 4.5 kg woohooo!!!

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Benny on the lie detector...
Can be pumped...

Hookem_Herby
22-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Nice pics and fish Fritzy!!!
Worth the wait mate :o ;)
Must've been a long week with those girls onboard :P :-X :-*

Good stuff champ.
Herby

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Again...

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Had to get a photo of this little sucker. Straight from the guts of my fish. Couldn't have been eaten long before capture. I recon that this is what brought the fish in close on nightfall - they were able to catch these little buggers easier. We could see hundreds of em hugging close to the rocks during the day.

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Imagine being a butter bream with this thing on your tail...

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:39 PM
mmm. GT fillets... I recon they were right up there with most fish i have ever eaten. Old benny showed me how to skin the buggers - bloody beautiful white flesh with salad on the side. Still got a few fillets in the fridge...

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Sorry, no pics of the other fish for the week, but these were our best. Another mate has those pics, but none too exciting. Was definately one of the best weeks of my life. Can't wait for the next trip up the coast...
Again, thanks to the fellas who responded to my thread in saltwater, really useful tips.
Cheers Fritzy

fritzy
22-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah herb,
bloody tough week looking at birds in bikinis by day, and catching GTs before a quiet beer/rum or two each evening.
Jacksta - sounds like you have the right area mate... PM me for more info if ya want.
Cheers Fritzy

jackash
22-11-2005, 04:24 PM
those fish are f'n awesome chrisso! cant imagine how hard they would have gone on slugs and raiders.. definatly hittin up that spot when were down at the coast. and as herb said definately worth the wait. greats pics and better fish!

cheers, danny shep

fritzy
22-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks Danno,
Can't wait for the mooloolabah holiday to kick off. Should start on the 19 December if i am lucky.
Would be good to punish a few more of the even bigger ones. Hopefully might get back up there some time next week, as cousin James is up. Would be a pretty good excuse to wet a line...
Cheers Fritzy

jackash
24-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Yes yes it would chrisso! it would also be a pretty good excuse to miss the last week of school haha. Gona suck while you barstards are fishing, while im sitting in a class room thinking about how pointless school until exams come. Anyway awesome fishing Chrisso!

cheers jackash

Girella
29-11-2005, 07:02 AM
Nice meeting you Fritzy.

Pretty impressive stuff. Bad luck with the one you lost.

I'll certainly be back

PK

fritzy
29-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Giday Girella,
Yeah mate, great to meet a fellow ausfish member. Do you live up that way?? Bugger to lose that fish only 1 metre out after all the hard work was done, but thats fishing eh... Didn't lose any sleep over it cause i know there are more (and much bigger fish) at that spot. Am trying to get one last crack at em before i am starting work, maybe tonight as the tides are just about perfect. Mate, might catch ya out there if im lucky, and if im able to change my shift for tonight. After dark again, absolutely nothing till after dark. That is bloody weird, cause the water looked just sensational in the late afternoon which is why i wasted 2 hours slinging before the fish came on the bite. Next time i will start much later - my shoulders are still recovering. Have a good one,
Cheers Fritzy

Girella
29-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Fritzy
I'm a Brizzo mate but like you say, it's definitely worth the trip.

The anticipation is electric and it's a real rush just to see someone else hooked up.

Don't know if I can make it tonight but I agree conditions should be perfect.

Good luck !

PK