PDA

View Full Version : Schoolies Report

jackash
28-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Incredibly, amongst the booze and girls myself and Fincho managed to get in a quick flick at schoolies. After walking out of the foyer with my rod packed in a backpack (way to embarassing to have it in my hand) we legged it down the road to a bridge where we had recently caught a few good fish. Had a few good hits but there wasnt much happening so we went around the corner. Gave fincho a go and a few casts in the line is peeling off and in comes a nice little bream. We were going nuts i gota say. So it was my turn again and after a solid 15 mins with nothing happening i saw some bait fish being smashed down the back so i quickly lifted my rod and went to retrieve it so i could get a cast in. But as i lifted i felt a weight... snag i thought, then all of a sudden ZZZZZZZZ, and this thing launches itself twice before taking off with a blistering run. I knew it was a mullet and having never caught one on an sp, the adrenalin was really pumping. After a solid 5 minute battle eventually we beached him. And boy were we going nuts... the rain then hit and we toughed it out for half an hour before legging it back to the hotel soaking wet. Well i walked in with the mullet in one hand and the rod in the other and boy did i get some weird looks and comments. But it was defiantely worth it. Fincho has the pics of the mullet so i will get him to post them later.
Cheers
Jackash

vertico
28-11-2005, 04:18 PM
i hope iam not the first person to think this but,

WHAT THE?????

blistering runs from a mullet :)

Scott15
28-11-2005, 04:39 PM
congratulations for sneaking in some fishing in between all the chicks and piss.

fincho
28-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey guys,

Asho heaps of people said it would never happen but we got out there and got some fish on schoolies WOOOOO!!! Was so pumped to get that breambo and seeing ya get that mullet was awesome!!! Will attach the pics as soon as i can get the pics off my camera having some struggles at the moment :P

FINCHO

CHRIS_aka_GWH
28-11-2005, 07:47 PM
i hope iam not the first person to think this but,

WHAT THE?????

blistering runs from a mullet :)

you're not sean ...

but one expects blistering runs from a mullet that needs to be BEACHED :o

chris

ps i thought Warwick Capper would be the only mullet down the coast during schoolies :-X

jackash
28-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Ok guys i WAS under the influence of alcohol.... maybe the runs were emphasised by this fact. Never the less they do fight bloody hard.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
28-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Ok guys i WAS under the influence of alcohol.... maybe the runs were emphasised by this fact. Never the less they do fight bloody hard.

alcohol eh ...

the great equivocator (see Shakespeare lads)

you sure Capper wasn't involved (you know - back to the hotel room & all) ...

he did used to #fight & run hard !

;)

efc
28-11-2005, 08:57 PM
mate you have serious problems if you found time to go fishing!

scatter1
28-11-2005, 09:25 PM
yeah problems like a lack of girls i'm guessing.

::)

fishingnottake
28-11-2005, 10:13 PM
girls come and go, but blistering runs from a mullet comes but once in a lifetime

straddie
28-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Good on ya Jackash and Fincho plenty of time for beers and girlies when the tides aren't in your favor. :D

Don't knock the humble old mullet too much, they have a bigger motor in them than a lot of the more esteemed fish most guys fish for. Kg for kg they will pull smelly old jewies and a lot of others backward without any problem.

nils_desporandum
29-11-2005, 12:02 AM
mate maybe if you were wearing one of the stunning range of one group products ,such as mivtality which is certified organic make up,u woudnt have to go home with a mullet

thumps
29-11-2005, 07:25 AM
:o

what the??

reeldreamer
29-11-2005, 09:15 AM
The fact you took a rod to schoolies is the funniest bit! Attached is a pic of me at schoolies....notice no rod in the back ground!

snagged15
29-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Agreed Reeldreamer,
funny to take a rod to schoolies. But, while i notice no rod in the background of you on schoolies, i also notice an extreme lack of women. ::) To me, women always take preference over empty beer bottles. ;D
Snags

fincho
29-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey,

Reeldreamer the pic attached is for you although im not sure if it will work. It shows the best of both worlds i geuss! And as far as a lack of women on schoolies asho has a gf so he didnt really have to put in any time, but i found it didnt take a full day effort to pull at schoolies :P 30 minutes to an hour on the beach seemed to work fine for me but each to their own i geuss!! ;D

FINCHO

NeMo84
29-11-2005, 11:25 AM
nice work, i was fishin yesterday and spotted some MASSIVE mullet but the buggers wouldnt take my plastic, so frustrating but i guess you gotta be pretty lucky to get em on SP, glad to hear ya schoolies went smoothly fellas ;)

reeldreamer
29-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Just juice box's and xxxx Gold cans? Looks like you drink as heavy as you catch! :D Nice effort in any case!

jackash
29-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Yes lack of girls.... thats what it was... pity i walked out of my gf's room grabbed the rod and left, and when i got back she was waiting for me!! ;) :-*, and pity the beer wall you can see in the background got to over double that, so obviously we didnt go light in that department either... maybe some people are just jealous... I'm quite happy with how i managed my time!!! :D
Jackash

snagged15
29-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Reeldreamer,
Leave the boys alone.... I'm sure everyone on this site is jealous of how good you are at drinking and fishing and pulling chicks. Bet the shaved mug is your secret to pulling thousands of girls at schoolies, is it?
Snags

gogecko
29-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Is that bowl on the bench full of smoking herbs? Looks like you had MULL et on the brain, ha ha. Wish I was young again. Have a great time.

Seriously, are you sure its a mullet? Doesnt look the same as the mullets Ive been netting down there. Looks like a young Tarpon to me? That would explain the run.

PM me if you want the good spots within walking distance of Surfers, that is your still gonna fish again. Tiki Village wharf is a good spot.

jackash
29-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Its a mullet, dunno if its a sand or sea or whatever, not a tarpon though.

jackash
29-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Ahhh damn, had a mate staying and tiki and i thought the wharf looked good, but the girl had permitted me only one fishing session for the week and i had already used that up.

Scott15
29-11-2005, 03:42 PM
what rod is that?

jackash
29-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Penn Elite, 6'6", 3-5kg. Had it 2 years and it works a charm, i love it.

land_based
29-11-2005, 11:41 PM
ive stayed at tiki village for a holiday jackash and fished the warf for big bream and whiting good little spot, but like any populated area night is best.

reeldreamer
01-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Reeldreamer,
Leave the boys alone.... I'm sure everyone on this site is jealous of how good you are at drinking and fishing and pulling chicks. Bet the shaved mug is your secret to pulling thousands of girls at schoolies, is it?
Snags

In my day we didn't use soft plastics to pull the chicks thats for damn sure :) Unfortunately the shaved mug was a result of 7 days solid driniking, strangely enough i didn't get bashed at schoolies either.......think the hair cut helped in that department! long live the year 2000!