PDA

View Full Version : BANKS ON SATURDAY

POOTSY
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
well jonesy and i headed out with a half decent report showing, #normally that means we'll hafta put up with crapp weather, #but this time all worked in our favour. #We put in at mooloolaba about 2.30pm, and stopped at a couple of spots on the way out to where we were headed, #nothing much on the sounder, but the bottom looked good. #Threw out a couple of floaters, but nothing much was interested untill the dolphin fish grabbed on, #that was a good 20 minute fight on 6 kilo, got him in the boat, #second fish for the day, #jonesy had allready caught a nice blue spot maori cod. We then started to burley up and got a few small pearlies that went back, then the snapper came on at about fiveish i rekon, #we were non stop pulling fish in for two hours, and got busted by some big fish along the way. #A change from our normal trip of unexplainable events. we were back at the ramp by 9, and on our way home after a great night, #sorry to Sam for being close to ya spot mate, #i wasn't quite sure that was it or not ? #ya should of anchored up beside us, #we ended up throwing back about a dozen good size snapper.

caloundra
05-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Pootsy
thats a nice looking dollie there mate

welcome to the site

Daniel

kitty_cat
05-12-2005, 02:15 PM
we seen a good school of dophin fish on sunday out there tried everything to hook up floating raiders popers nothing but a great site them just being around upto 6 or 7 for about an hr
wayne

reeldreamer
05-12-2005, 02:18 PM
A nice catch mate! :)

Billo
05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
i'm surprised i am not seeing more BANKS reports ...weather was magic ...however that freshening NE breeze after 3 made it a bumpy run home on the run out tide ...but you were well and truly back by then ...good feed on the plate !

620sf
05-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Some nice fish there mate, sounds like theres quiet a few dolphin fish around. Knew we should of made the effort to get out.

Luke

Scott_Watson
05-12-2005, 04:18 PM
It's a good feeling Pootsy 8-) when they get the weather right, the fish are on, and your baged out back at the ramp at 9.
Good to see you left some for next time.
Cheers,
Watto [smiley=laola.gif]

SeaSaw
05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the site Pootsy. Nice catch of fish :D the dollie would have been good fun on light line.

Cheers,

Mark

outsiderskip
06-12-2005, 06:09 AM
hi pootsy
nice catch there great looking dollie

cheers pete

-spiro-
06-12-2005, 08:08 AM
Good to see that fisho's got out to the banks on the weekend....... :)