PDA

View Full Version : Bribie Island Snapper Sunday

Fishbone
05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Weather for Sunday looked good so we left the ramp at Bribie at 0300. Wind was from the SW and we watched a lot of storms with lots of lightning up north as we crossed the bay.

The sea was pretty good with a long 1 meter swell with a small chop left over from Saturday on the top. We made good time sitting on 4000 rpm which gives me about 40 Kph and good fuel ecomony. The 23 degree deadrise helps when you are running into a 2 foot chop at 40 KPH - a nice ride and you can sit down most of the time - I've got air ride seats!

Pulled up and started fishing - Not a lot of action but some nice fish were landed. This old Dolphin turned up mid morning begging for pilchards - He said it was alright because no one told him he couldn't come up to the back of the boat and look cute.

Fishbone
05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Dave with one of his snapper.

Fishbone
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Nice bag limit of snapper. Smallest was 53Cms

SURLY
05-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Dennis,

Good to see you managed to catch a few, although Gibbo reckons Dave caught them all. Were you to busy feeding the dolphin

Cheers

Craig

Jay_S
05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Dennis,

Good to see you managed to catch a few, although Gibbo reckons Dave caught them all. Were you to busy feeding the dolphin

Cheers

Craig

I would have to agree with Gibbo ;DYou were probably to busy feeding the dolphin and letting Dave catch them all. ;D ;D ::)

Jay [smiley=bandana.gif]

MICHAELG
05-12-2005, 04:44 PM
dont get me wrong lovely fish.

Question tho - if theres 2 in a boat and only 5 fish- how does that constitute as a bag out :-? (dont mind me only a pen pusher) :-*

ooh i get it somebody didnt catch any :-[, hey skipper can you help please

ps doesnt look like a 2 foot chop to me

Fishbone
05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Gibbo;

We all have off days, if that dolphin would have come a little closer.....

By the way - did I claim to have caught any of them? Remember on the good charters the Skipper shows the new guy where to fish not hogs the good side of the boat.

You'll probably be wondering why it will be a while before you get your next invite showing such disrespect.

Fishbone.

DAVE_S
05-12-2005, 08:02 PM
hey gibbo i think they call it luck and jay i think i was in your spot because i could see your foot prints on the deck be in all who cares if you catch fish or not its great to be out on the water and enjoying yourself

Fisher_Boats
05-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Nice fish Dave ;)

Good to see you getting out there Denis...btw don't you get too friendly with them bloody dolhins or roota will get upset with you :D :D

Gibbo I think your going to have to take your boat out there next time ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Col

Thunderbird
06-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Yeah Denis watch those dolphins from a distance! I heard they take a liking to fishers...
Couldn't help but notice the dolphin food conveniently stashed in the side pocket though. ;D ;DAAH !!! look at the pretty porpise...
Nice snaps dave.

Fishbone
06-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Thunderbird:

He was really checking us out - hung out the back for quite a while, Does he look familiar - might have been seeing if it was the same fisher that cut him off up at DI?

I could almost get him to pop his head out vertically to get the pillie - Hope National Parks don't find out that there is Dolphin feeding going on out there.

DAVE_S
06-12-2005, 10:56 AM
gibbo next time we go your comin because we need someone to take the photos, bait my hook , take my fish off, and this will free the skipper of his duties

Fishbone
06-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Look at this nice fish.