PDA

View Full Version : Three Casts for three Snapper

Frank_Oostenbroek
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
I was already awake a cheesed off at five O’clock because the weather bureau had predicted high winds for Saturday. I turned the radio on to listen to Dave Downie’s fishing program when I heard the Senior Forecaster say that the front had passed through last night and the winds would drop off to about five knots.

I didn’t need an invitation and decided to head out to get some billies. I was excited!!!

Ben and I headed out from Bribie to Caloundra wide and trolled a four-skirt pattern. We trolled up the “Trench” round Hutchies, past Flinders’, down to Deep Tempest, up to Shallow Tempest and back to Smith’s….NOTHING!!!! Not a Sausage!!!!

When all else fails you can always cast a plastic. The Snapper are sure to jump on.

Amazing stuff.. Three casts and three Snapper. We decided to give it a miss and go home to try another day..

Frank_Oostenbroek
06-12-2005, 10:18 AM
The Cape at Five

revs57
06-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Nice!!!

thumps
06-12-2005, 11:39 AM
i see the buoy for the graball is in the back of your pic.....hehe ;D

must have been a tough day

J/k

outsiderskip
06-12-2005, 11:54 AM
nice fish frankoo

at least u got a feed

cheers pete

finding_time
06-12-2005, 12:42 PM
i see the buoy for the graball is in the back of your pic.....hehe ;D

must have been a tough day

J/k

Could be the bouy from the sea anchor???

Big_Ren
06-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Another great report FrankOO. Mate, you have been getting some quality fish lately. Great work.

Paul

MIKOS
06-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Nice snappas Francoo,

Did the wind pick up much in the morning at the cape.

Looked very nice there and you couldnt have hoped for more. ;)

The bouy might be a crab pot hey ;D

good work ;D

MIKOS

Frank_Oostenbroek
06-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Finding-Time is right on the money.

Size 9 sea anchor.

We never acchor up when using plastics so we slow the boat to a slow crawl with the use of a sea anchor. It costs a bit but well worth the money.

Thanks Big-Ren.

There are lots of fish out there. The difference is the way you think. If you think like a fish you might even catch a few more.

flickflack
06-12-2005, 02:09 PM
awesome fish ;D

Jay_S
06-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Excellent fish mate ;D ;D ::) ::)
Thats a good photo you took of Cape Moreton :o :o 8-) :)

Cheers
Jay [smiley=bandana.gif]

Scalem
06-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Good report again Frank, your glorious boat always gets blooded by nice fish, I think you need a couple of helpful deckies to give it a good scrub after a day out. LOL Don't worry, we don't charge much! ;D

I think maybe you could have played with the snapper in the bay and got the same result as this trip. Waddaya reckon? :o

Scalem

no_wind
06-12-2005, 07:38 PM
well done i love seeing the bigger sizes falling for the plastic. ;D