PDA

View Full Version : Cairns trout.

bazzaman
11-12-2005, 07:20 PM
A quick report from the trip yesterday. The plan was to fish a little more wider and explore and troll around to try and find some new night spots. First of all we trolled skirts around for a few hrs and had absolute nothing hit them. Not much action at all pelagic wise at the moment up here has really slowed down.

After trolling around we decided to have a look around for some likely trout spots. Found a great show of fish sittn around two bombies in around 25 metres of water. So the rods were baited up and sent out and before to long the fish were really on the chew. A few small trout came on board with all the regular small reef species. The next four drops in a row yeilded 4 trout. At this stage i thought a limit of trout was on the cards till everything all of a sudden shut down. After spending some more time there and not much more success we looked for some new ground to hit of a night and that also came up trumps. Marked it in the chartplotter and off home!

Heres some pics from yest trip and dans virgin breaker trout from last weekend which that trip was a total shocker!

Shane

bazzaman
11-12-2005, 07:22 PM
trout

bazzaman
11-12-2005, 07:23 PM
dans trout

scuttlebutt
11-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Couple of nice trout there shane, they can really come on and off the bite in a flash. I went out last weekend too and got stuff-all, only one decent nanny and a couple of spangly's. Looks like it was a nice day on the water too

cheers,

steve

Bad_Bubby
11-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Not bad Shane. Got to get a few more pelagics in my opinion ;D. For example this big sucka from the sharked overnighter :o