PDA

View Full Version : TOP DAY AT THE BANKS

POOTSY
11-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Well Chrisso, Bully and i headed out to the 60metre mark on the barwon banks only to finds the huge number of trawlers as browndog said in his report, we couldn't find many fish on the sounder so headed south a while and found a half decent lump (with no fish of course) my normal call - they will follow the trail (yeah right!!) First dropp, coupla small pearlies, then a half decent snapper, and that was before we despatched the burley, once the trail got going bully and i were into em, pulling in nice size snapps one after the other, our deckie Chrisso was doing a great job on the gaff in between trying to re-rigg his outfits. Floaters wern't doing much untill a dollie hit mine, although Bully rekons he lured it to the boat with his live snapper, we kept on pulling quality snapper, dunno what Chrisso was pulling, but by the time he got organised and back into the water, they were ready for him, poor little fella got worked over nicely, bout time for him i rekon. We all came home with a great feed, and had some fun getting busted by some unstoppables, specially Bully who specializes in loosing the big ones!! Best trip we've had in a while, we all laid a lot of crap on each other which adds to fun i rekons. Anyways, top work chrisso, the deckie allways seems to get the fish of the day don't they, oh yeah, that left bicep will heal up soon mate, not used to doing so much work, should change hands i rekon.

browndog
11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Good to get a hot bight like that pootsy,we will have to grab that spot
off you for pay back. cheers browndog :) :)

SeaSaw
12-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Nice catch there pootsy. Good to see a few snapper still about.

Mark

POOTSY
12-12-2005, 06:21 AM
I think it was beginners luck, having Chrisso on board that is, you guys did allright didn't ya's? how come you didn't stay out longer, your trailer wasn't there when we got to the ramp just after 2.

Fixation
12-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Pootsy. I have the same problem with my deckies. They always seem to get the big ones too. Dunno what it is. I'm still trying to work it out. Thought it might be fuel on my hands last trip. Maybe I'm just making excuses for myself though. ;D Looks like you had a ball out there. Conditions certainly were great.

POOTSY
12-12-2005, 10:28 AM
yeah fixation, might hafta give the deckie the brush and start doing solo trips, won't have any worries about being showwed up then, but who will bait my hooks ?