PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Banks, Sunday, 11/12/05

bignick
12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Left my place just before 0200 and that had us in the water at Mooloolabe just after 0330 had a good run out to the banks and had the lines in the water just after 0500. As usual, good shows, but not much happening. Had a mate from work on board for the day and had to convince him to leave the BANANA out of his lunchbox before we left home. He caught and released an undersize Coral Trout then he got a Cod. I got a nice Squire of about 2.5kg then a Banana Fish, which was released. Then, I dropped a decent Pearlie next to the boat. We were being fried by the sun by 0630. The rest of the day was spent searching and drifting over several good shows, but not much biting, as usual. Caught and released several small fish as the day went on. Gave it away about 1230 and fed a mother Dolphin and her calf all the leftover bait; she kept coming closer every time around. That was the highlight of the day, really. Headed home at 4400RPM and the mighty V-Sea performed flawlessly. Chased a small school of Bonito around the Inner Gneerings on the way in, but to no avail. Beautiful conditions and a top day was had, no fish though. Oh well, I think that might be it for the outside bottom fishing for me for a while, we'll see what happens.

Cheers,
NICK.

outsiderskip
12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
hi nick
it was a top day out there plenty shows on sounder other said they
found fishing a bit tough but at least u got a feed

we must have been one of the lucky ones plenty fish on sounder and plenty of fish in the esky

cheers pete