PDA

View Full Version : Banks Sunday 11 December

Big_Ren
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Left Mooloolaba at 3.30am with Navi (Black Sheep), his brother and a mate for a perfect run out to the Banks at 24 knots. Conditions were galssing out already and only a gentle south-easter was blowing. Lines were in the water quickly and the fish were straight on the chew ;D Parrot and snapper were coming over the side fairly regularly until about an hour after sun up 8-) Tried the same drift a few times but nothing. So we decided to move to our Pearly spot and it did not disappoint. We almost bagged out after a couple of drifts and ended up releasing almost 20 40cm + pearlies. We moved spots again to try and get some more snapper but ended up running out of bait. Headed home in a light nor-easter and were back at the ramp by 2pm. :P The catch...

Big_Ren
12-12-2005, 09:39 PM
One of the Pearly shows on the sounder

Big_Ren
12-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Navi with a pearly and snapper

Big_Ren
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Last one

black_sheep
13-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Great day Reno - reckon those SE'ly made a huge diff. Last 2 months have been NE's and we have struggled a bit. I'm glad you only got the sounder in that shot and not the GPS as well. If they knew we catching them off Pt Cartwright, we'll be in trouble ;).

Thanks for posting those shots of my skinny black arse (gee I got burnt) 8-) - would have at least wacked on a singlet if I knew you were posting them.

Thanks again mate and look forward to an overnighter or a hards trip.

Might be worth posting a story on the Hards so we know what we in for - distance, fuel etc.

outsiderskip
13-12-2005, 11:55 AM
hi reno
nice lot of fish it was a good day
out there with flat conditions
there was plenty fish out there to b caught

cheers pete

Fishinmishin
13-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Skinny black ass in a singlet in a singlet.....better not be a white one as people wouldn't be able to tell us apart ;D ;D.
Sounds like a good day out guys ;).
Cheers, Jay

Big_Ren
13-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys.

Navi, was a great day out. Something must have gone wrong with the camera...too much exposure I reckon. I'll get a sun filter next time. I think my fluoro shirt accentuates your tan though mate.

Pete, thanks for that mate, as Navi said, the sou' easter made all the difference and always seems to be the case. don't know why but that's probably worthy of another post in itself. The pearlies were smashing us before we even got our baits right down and if we got past them, the iodine or MILFs would usually clean up.

Jay, Nav's about 35cm across the chest (sorry mate :D) so we just lay the pearlies and knobbies across him to see if they're goin in the esky or not ;D Or it could be just that the skipper is a bit of a fat ass and makes him look skinny!

Cheers
Paul

magicpudding
13-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Well done boys. If only the kingys were biting like that on Saturday.

Bring on the blacks!

CJ

Big_Ren
13-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Damn right CJ, bring em on. That jiggin's hard work isn't it. Also a top day out and a very comfortable one I must say. A great learning experience for me and I can't wait to do it again. Two days on the water though and I'm knackered. I used to be fit...the only change is one of the letters.

Cheers
Paul

pittymick
14-12-2005, 01:41 PM
nice catch ;)

black_sheep
14-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Jay - I've already got a twin mate and don't need anothe rone so I'll skip the white singlets from now on just in case someone's thinks we all are triplets ;D

Paul - I'd keep mouth :-X if I were you. Maybe if you worked on that technique of yours, you probably wouldn't need to measure your catch (across my chest) and they'd be straight in the esky. More than happy however to assist you with maximum sizes - may need to get me excited first or we can draw a ruler on your arse. Should cover us for anything up to a 120cms - Big Ren!

Magic - I hope Paul was a bit better behaved on Sat ;).

Looking forward to a few more trips over xmas and get that one that got away. Reckon it was a really good pearly (maybe not as big as Vins 7.5kg specimen).

Thanks for the day Big Reno.