PDA

View Full Version : No ovrnighter ,but!!:)

Volvo
22-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Plan was for an overnighter up at Douglas Shoals but the evening BOM observations kept us at home till the early hours of the next morning. Launched at aprox 5.00am, run out the front for a squizz at the water conditions(Sloppy!!!) and thought it best head out to the local Reefs aboard the Rebbeca Sue , a boat one would lose quite a few hours sleep dreaming about or a few bucks on lost lotto's in the hopeof striking it lucky and investing in something simmillar.
26ft Alloy built to perfection by a very good friend who's work in this boat would have to bee seen to be believed..
Hokeydokey, back to the yarn ..
After #testing the rig out in just about all the gullies and opencuts that all of a sudden would drop out from under us it was a bit of a relief to see masthead island and the plan for the moment was to get into some rather calm water for a cold drink and straighten necks n joints lol..
First stop had up at masthead Island over an old favourite possie which seen us do battle with some nice trout, smaller or medium Mackeral,Some BIG!!!!Sharks and a pesky barakooda which kept wanting to maul our fish and baits..
Try as hard as we could we just couldnt entice him into the boat just to see if we couldnt re-arrange his make up a little.
Weather flattened out a wee bit so decidsed if we couldnt pay a visit to the Cabbage Patch area for some decent sized Lipper??.
First drop of the pick had #us bobbin about in aprox 80 ft of water with good looking bottom and what appeared to be plenty of activety. Either the fish didnt wanna play or we didnt land correctly into their playpen so uppped anchor and moved another 500 meters or so into the adjoining paddock, found some Fish that #wanted company and decided to play hookup..
About two hours here had us with our share of good Lipper, enough other fish from the previous possie, weather forecast wasnt in the favour of us staying the night and even if we did all we could see us doing major battle with was more Lipper so decided for an early departure back for home for a cup of coffee (with sugar and milk)(incase the owner of the Rebecca Sue is reading this post lol) and a cleanup of the fish and Boat...
All in all it was a top day out on the water as most days on the water are , and suppose ide best upload a Pic of the three Amigo's forthe days outing..

Volvo
22-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Dunno why but wouldnt let me uplioad a pic ferthe day??..Give it one more try and outa here lol..
And it still wont let me upolaod a Pic!! >:(..
Okay Stavros(Steve) what am i doin wrong buddy??..Puic file is under the 100kb??..
Cheers

gogecko
22-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Volvo, if the pic is under 100k, then it could be a filename thats been used already. Rename the file to something more unusual like "th67yu.jpg" and try that. Make sure there are no spaces in the filename.

Andrew

Volvo
22-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Give it another go :-?..

Volvo
22-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Aha:), wanders l never cease lol..
Okay Merry Christmas gang n hope Santa brings ya what your after..
Cheers

Owen
22-12-2005, 12:40 PM
No prizes for guessing what's on the xmas dinner menu? ;D
Nice catch.
Have a great Christmas

Cheers
Owen

Benno
22-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Excellent catch there mate, plenty of great colour..
Santa never brings what I ask for anymore.. I think he is going a tad senilein his old age!!??

Cheers Ben

Benno
22-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Excellent catch there mate, plenty of great colour..
Santa never brings what I ask for anymore.. I think he is going a tad senile in his old age!!??

Cheers Ben

szopen
22-12-2005, 01:09 PM
The three Amigos look very happy.

Good catch.

danny_Shep
22-12-2005, 01:21 PM
great report and some beautiful fish there Volvo. Looks like santa definately brought you what you wanted!

cheers danny shep

Jay_S
22-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Great work mate :o :o :o :o :o :o They are some top fish you caught
WELL DONE !!!!!

Cheers Jay 8-)

bidkev
22-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Good report mate and the Amigos certainly looked pleased with themselves.

All the best for Xmas and New year.

kev

Spaniard_King
22-12-2005, 09:00 PM
hey Volvo,

good to see a report from you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] A quality bit of chewin there.

cheers

Garry