PDA

View Full Version : Young fella and Mackerel

cyclone
24-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Took my eight year old son out for a fish the other day, we trolled up this nice Mack that he brought to the boat without much fuss and got four Trout overall fishing was pretty slow but conditions were brilliant on the water.
Of interest a large Marine parks boat came and checked us out at one stage and I wasn't impressed with their way of doing things. I have always found fisheries patrols to be polite introducing themselves and explaining what they are doing, not this guy no introduction what are we doing and what's your name and address. When questioned as to why he needed this information he stumbled and muttered oh just doing some checks like we normally do. I started having a conversation with the skipper of the boat who seemed a bit ashamed about his partner and the questioning ended. After the boat left my son was a bit puzzled and asked if we had done something wrong. Overall rating of my first Marine parks on water visit I'll give it 1 out of ten only for the plesent conversation with the skipper. I can only wonder if the experience would of been different if no rods in the boat and we were wearing dive tanks.

cyclone
24-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Ryans Mackerel

scuttlebutt
24-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Cyclone, that's a good mack for the young fella. That Marine Parks boat came and checked us out at Vlassof last Friday. Luckily I'd already snipped the fins off the trout, cause they zoomed straight in on the esky. Fortunately I wasn't doing anything wrong, but I got the impression they're on a blitz at the moment.

cheers,

steve

freddyfish
24-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Good work Ryan... You look pretty happy about that fish you're holding. Hope you catch many more.

Merry Christmas

Brad

Bonesy
24-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Great work nice Mackerel :o :o :o

Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

outsiderskip
24-12-2005, 09:08 PM
nice fish
catch like that mac would make him proud

cheers pete

nofrills
24-12-2005, 10:32 PM
nice spanish there young fella

your doin well to hold that up one handed :o

# #keep up the good work #;)

Scott15
24-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Nice fish, beat me to it Scotty, must have a strong arm lol

Maria
25-12-2005, 12:45 AM
I can just imagine "Hurry up and take the pic Dad!!!". Tops fish there for the young fella. Wouldn't worry too much about the fisheries - just like cops I guess. Got RBT'd 3 times this week through the city (Brisbane) and got a different reception from the cop each time.

Cheers