PDA

View Full Version : Marlin x 3

cheno
27-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Had a great session on the Goldy today, perfect weather and good fishing for a small boat.
Went 3-3-3 on black marlin (1 x 40kg++ and 2 x 25kg models) all on lures. Water was dirty so no bycatch, but seemed still to be full of only billies #;D #where we were today. Best day on the billies in the poly so far. Gotta love this time of year # #:)

Steve

ANYFISH
27-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Great work mate
How many lures were you trolling and what size boat are you in?
I am hoping to head out there on thursday and get into a few in my tinny.
Might see you out there one day.

Cheers anyfish

RAGINGBULL
27-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Cheno

I was supposed to ngo today but cancelled it.
Am going tommorrow are they NE of the sea way and in what depth water.
Pleeeeease

Thanks Mark

DaneCross
27-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Great trip Cheno! Top result. What lures were you trolling?

Franco
28-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Well done mate.

Day before we trolled that area of green water full of bait but no billfish and no mackerel

Goes to prove rule Numero Uno ..... Find the bait .... you'll Find the fish.

PS how many metres of water were you in? The only marlin we saw was in 36 fathoms, in blue water.

Zucchini_bros
28-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Well done Cheno,

And thanks for sharing the lure combos with us.

I'm hoping to get out of the Gold Coast later this week if my luck holds.

Any pics available to have a look at

Cheers
Andrew

cheno
28-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Anyfish, try anywhere from se to ne as they move around a lot. Straight out is also worthwhile. There is a lot of bait around. Ignore the water colour if you want bills, dollies dont like the green water though.

Ragingbull, three lures all off rod tip plus teasers. Boat is a 15 ft poly cc.

DC, cheers mate. We trolled a range of lures from uzis at the bottom end of the scale to cockroaches at the higher end. In between we had some top gun terminators and also some wellsy's pushers.

cheno

cheno
28-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry guys no pics only on film. Just bought a digital camera so hopefully next trip I'll be able to post some reasonable ones.

cheno

flickflack
28-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Cheno

Congrats mate on a top day, we have been out off the tweed twice but no joy yet.

If you you take your negs to a photo place and ask them to put the pics on disc for you, then you can use them on your computer. The quality is still very good.

Cheers Rod