PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra 27th

Jeremy
28-12-2005, 07:37 AM
fished out from Caloundra yesterday chasing mackerel and tuna. No luck trolling pilchards early and no fish on the beacons jigging, so stocked up with a few yakkas and headed out a bit further. Anchored up and worked the burley. Picked up a nice grass sweetlip and had something big pick up a bait also which I couldn't lift and rubbed me off pretty quick. Has a couiple of livies down deeped which were chopped up but the fish kept missing the hooks.

Had a boat with 4 POB trolling lures come up my burley trail to within 50 m of my boat so I let fly and gave them a spray. I know it is school hollidays and I should expect this kind of thing, but it is so ignorant and rude to run over someone's burley trail close to their boat. Any fish that might have been following it up would have been chased away. I went over to them later and explained why I got so pissed. Seems like there was someone on board who knew my name - might have been from ausfish - and reckoned he was coming over to say hello. Next time you want to approach a boat to say hello mate, pull your lines in, approach from up current (look at the lines in the water), and make it obvious that you are trying to attract the skippers attention as you approach.

Anyway, a bit later on we did manage to find some small schools of striped tuna busting up and we pulled 3 at around 2.5 - 3 kg. Back through the bar around 11 am and home early. Have a couple of photos I will post later.

Jeremy

Jeremy
28-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Hwew it is. Camera phone #::)

Sweetlip was 59 cm and 3.4 kg but doesn't look it.

mackmauler
28-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey Jeremy, a decent sweetlip anyway, the mackerel fired much better before christmas, most catches were pretty slim at points nth and sth yesterday, ya new friend hasnt been to palmy school, the rules are even tighter down there and it rains sinkers.

dazza
28-12-2005, 09:35 PM
hi jeremy,
thanks for the boat rage mate, really made our day.

firstly,
when we were south west of you we would have been a good couple of hundred meters away, scotty (nofrills) recognised your boat and said we should go and say hi, fair enough. at that stage i headed north as to obviously stay away from your lines etc. unless you have berley that floats up current we were know where near your berley trail, when i was level with you boat i then turned east to come over and say hi, which is when you started screaming about your burley trail.
i didn't say anything or reply to your barrage of abuse, scotty was handling things very well.
i was mindfull that you would have had a heap of floaters etc out the back hence i approached from the side.
just because you had sat there for 2 hours and caught bugger all, isn't a reason to take your frustrations out on others.

secondly,
if you wish to operate your boat in a dangerous and recklless manner, go for it, but next time don't include other innocent parties.
when you motored up behind us (to give us another spray) on the plane and dropped off just behind my boat was a pretty stupid thing to do. what would have happened if you misjudged or you hand slipped off of the throttle?
next time you do that, i will not contain myself. i will wring your scrawny f#$%ing neck.

thirdly
thanks for cutting between us and that school of fish, you would have seen we were positioned for a shot at them, took all our restraint not to send a few slugs your way, but why lower ourselves to your level.

great to see the ausfish and ansa stickers on your boat, carrying on like you did sends a great message

mate you need to take a serious chill pill. its only fishing- supposed to be enjoyed and REAXING. take it easy before you hurt yourself and others or things get out of hand and end in voilence. have a think about it

cheers
dazza

nofrills
28-12-2005, 10:00 PM
YEA WHAT HE SAID >:(

i think if you need a 100m exclusion zone you might need a permit.at least your berley trail keeps the vermin away from our boat .

just for the record.if any AUSFISHERS are up bribie caloundra way and you see the NOFRILLS mobile trolling around come and say giday.no worries ;)

JEREMY no big spaniards yet :-? ya must be doin something wrong :-X

merry christmas :)

rocket
28-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Glad to see you got to respond Dazza. I would hate to think that this site became a venting ground for the likes of hotheaded young upstarts that are very opinionated and quick to enforce their opinion whether or not it be to the detriment of others. I know neither of you, but can only make comment on observation of previous posts.

What sort of i@#+t flies up to another boat to give them another spray. This sort of clown needs to learn restraint and is a reason that I have not been posting reports for a while. I could suggest some non violent crisis intervention tecqniques or anger management courses to remind him that his daddy doesn't own the entire ocean.

I may seem to be following and slamming your posts Jeremy, but you do make silly irrational deals out of nothing and when it is an attack on someone, it needs to be dealt with. Why would you post to the negative when it was explained to you by Dazza that they were coming up to say hello?!?!?!? Get of your high horse. 8-)

Sportfish_5
28-12-2005, 10:18 PM
JEREMY no big spaniards yet :-? ya must be doin something wrong :-X

merry christmas :)

OK OK stop these stealth missions and tell me where you have been nailing the spanos - Ive had a pretty ordinary start to the season so far :'( :'( :'( :'(

Cheers

Greg

nofrills
29-12-2005, 09:04 AM
hey greg

hows ya crissy been.i saw ya trying to get out of spinnaker in the car yesterday arvo.i tried to slow the traffic for ya but it didnt work ::)give me a ring PM'd ya my number.

cheers scotty

Jeremy
29-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Dazza and Scotty,

sorry things worked out the way they did, but I stand by what I said above. If you had approached from the SE (current was running to the N-NW), with lines in and tried to attract my attention as you approached it would have been a very different scenario. But you approached from the SW side which we were clearly fishing over. There were no Ausfish stickers visible on your boat either. As it was, you looked like any other no-nothing who does this sort of thing out on the water and I have had enough of it. You came to less than 50 m from my boat on a reef which is at least a square km, and you nearly got the slug on my spinning rod into your boat.

Why don't you explain how I was supposed to know some fellow ausfishers were coming over to say hello?

At no stage did I operate my boat in a dangerous or unsafe manner. I came up to you the second time to try to explain/educate you as to why I got so pissed.

Yes I did cut you off from the school of fish. I cast in first and hooked up on light line and I wanted to avoid your lines being cast over mine and also to encourage the fish to head away from your boat....and also because I was pissed at you.

Shame things worked out that way. I would have liked to meet you guys and say hi. Maybe we all could have handled things a bit better?

Jeremy

Jeremy
29-12-2005, 04:24 PM
I may seem to be following and slamming your posts Jeremy, but you do make silly irrational deals out of nothing

Rocket, I am not sure what you are talking about here. I am not aware of you slamming any previous posts of mine, or me making silly irrational deals out of nothing either. Sure you have the right person?

Why would you post to the negative when it was explained to you by Dazza that they were coming up to say hello?!?!?!? Get of your high horse. 8-)

Sorry mate but you weren't there and you don't know what happened.

Jeremy

pittymick
30-12-2005, 01:45 AM
what does it matter aus fish member or not, theres enough rage on the road and people go out to be friendly and relax on the water, hence why most still give each other a wave still.... :-? just looks like a dirty nappy to me. good to see both sides of the story it was a nice laugh have to show my 5 year old heee heee heee ( sorry if that offends, anyway i,m leaving to go have a fish and relax) :o

Thunderbird
30-12-2005, 06:35 AM
lol
Bloody school kids driving boats ;D ;D
In the playground they're known as dangerous Dazza and snotty scotty!

dynamicspot
30-12-2005, 05:07 PM
funny bloke he is