PDA

View Full Version : GOLDIE DRY RUN

gawby
28-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Another one of those days where it just dosnt happen. :'(
Got some new lures from santa and a new tld 30 twin speed reel and rod and just had to go out and try them. :)
Left grand ramp at 5am and through seaway to a very ordinary sea and i thought here we go again.
Trolled out to nearly the 36s and back to the 18s. Back aout to the 24s down to mid surfers and back to the seaway. ONE stinking rotten hit and that was it. >:(
Dosnt matter the boat needed a run to charge the battery and blow the cobwebs out. :P
Thankyou to the other tinny club members who attended at the meeting today. ;)
Graeme
PTC

28-12-2005, 02:10 PM
An interesting report mate and bad luck on the fish front.I would have thought the conditions would have been pretty good out there early this morning going on the BOM report ... Or did they get it wrong again?

Regards
CT

maztez
28-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Gawby maybe we should stock your saltwater swim pool with a few pelagics that way if you cant catch them we can thro the grandkids in to do the deed ..Im sure our number one deckie ADAM could achieve what we cant ::) ::)
Tezza

Darryl
28-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Bad luck graeme but that's the way it goes. At least when you followed "'Team Haines"' You got a feed. :D :-X

Adam can be my deckie anytime terry, bloody good kid that keeps brett and myself in line on all trips lol. :D

Ps Adam you owe me a can of coke and a ice-block and a packet of 4 inch minnows in watermelon buddie. :D :D :D

mackmauler
28-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Graeme, bad luck always next time, did you hear on the radio if there was much action today, these northerly winds dont make life to pleasent out there,

rob

Spaniard_King
28-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Had a day at palmy myself yesterday, managed 4 spots before heading wide for a troll. No bills but 2 strikes for 1 dolly.

cheers

Garry

longtail
28-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Another one of those days where it just dosnt happen. :'(
Got some new lures from santa and a new tld 30 twin speed reel and rod and just had to go out and try them. :)
Left grand ramp at 5am and through seaway to a very ordinary sea and i thought here we go again.
Trolled out to nearly the 36s and back to the 18s. Back aout to the 24s down to mid surfers and back to the seaway. #ONE stinking rotten hit and that was it. >:(
Dosnt matter the boat needed a run to charge the battery and blow the cobwebs out. :P
Thankyou to the other tinny club members who attended at the meeting today. ;)
Graeme
PTC

graeme , i'm still waiting for my membership card mate ;)

jason

fishin_till_late
28-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I was off palmy yesterday too, left ramp at 3am to get a good spot and zilch nothing, we lasted till about 8 and then went for a trawl to only get one tiny trevally.
jono

p.s Spanaird King nice to see somebody getting something it was pretty quite in the boats around me too

RAGINGBULL
28-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Ditto

I did exactly the same trolled for 41/2 hrs 24fth to 36fth around and around back to the 24 fth with a 5 lure spread and didnt even have a lure looked at today !!!!!

Go Figure
Mark

skippa
28-12-2005, 10:23 PM
bad luck Graeme,

But that's fishin eh, sounds like the action was a little south today. Good going Garry, nice dolly.

Not a bad little drop from santa either there mate, nice going. Did you head into wavebreak to checkout the houseboat again?? Haven't heard of any white pointer reports for a while ...

Jase I wouldn't worry too much about the TC ticket, not many members and the president's not 'reel good' at getting a feed anyway.

Darryl, geez mate what's with makin a kid payup, you islanders are a tight bunch #;) ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

gawby
31-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Been away in the truck and just got back.
CT......... It wasnt real good but as the morning got on the swell seemed to die down. I thought by the reports on i/net showed good weather but not.

Tezza....... The swimming pool isnt a bloody fish pond alright. Youv got the fish pond at your place.

Crestbutter...... Dont need to follow klunkers to get a feed.

Rob...... Heard a bloke going back through currumbin and he told vmr that he got nothing. Didnt see anything caught either.

Gary.......Go the dollie. Wouldnt have minded picking up one of them myself

Jason.......Membership card is in the mail.

Jono. and Mark...... I hope it makes you feel better knowing that you wernt the only ones to miss out.

Skippa....What can i say. The bloody houseboat.

Graeme ;D