PDA

View Full Version : Nice bycatch, but no bills

Spaniard_King
28-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Roderick,

ya gotta get the palmy attitude >:(

My favorite phrase is "matye if I can hit ya in the head with me lure are you too close :o " That normally gets em to moove although I have been tested on this and when the lure goes sailin over there heads..they don't stay long ;D

Garry

Franco
28-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Ya just gotta get in there early lads ...... I've booked my spot in for next Xmas so just check at reception before you anchor up!! [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif]

I swear I hate it there at this time of year ... WalleyWorld! #It looks like this:
[smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=whip.gif] [smiley=wink.gif] [smiley=huh.gif]

gavsgonefishing
28-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I was trolling a bit wider from coolum to chardons and back again yesterday, the water was nice, onlly action was a billy early in the day, which jumped off after a couple of runs. There was a little bait out from coolum, but apart from taht was dead, its amazing how it can change in one day.

Plan to do the same thing tomorrow and fri

finding_time
28-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Left mooloolabah at 3.00am for an early morning float bait session at my favorite close in spot x then after about 6 am the plan was to troll for some marlin. Thinks didn't start well when i arrived at spot x only to find it was someone elses spot x as well >:( Plan B go to spot y, yes this was being occupied as well. Are there any secret spot left ? After wasting about 2 hours at spot Z ( its never been one of my favorites) for little result we pulled the pin and started trolling out towards chardons reef. There were bait balls a plenty in this area and we were feeling very confident of a good day, one bait school in particular was very large and occupied the entire water column bar the top 8m we worked this particular ball with both lures and livies for about 2 1/2 hours for plenty of Mactuna, small cobia and one large nobby which fantastic was not what we were there for. The wind started to push fairly hard from the NE about midday so stumps were pulled and home we went our resolve further stiffened for the next trip ,its going to happen soon

Ian

Hard to complain about a 9.12 kg as bycatch on a livie!! ;)

Spaniard_King
28-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Geez Ian, some people would be pleased to fish just for your bycatch ;D

Still a few spots at Palmy (150 boats yesterday ::) ) also trolled the 36s for 2 strikes both dollies..only boated 1

cheers

Garry

620sf
28-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Have to be happy with that result Ian, probably one of the last things you think you would pull out of a bait ball.

Luke

outsiderskip
28-12-2005, 03:16 PM
nice snapper ian
no fishing at secret spots on holidays
to many followers

cheers pete

fishin_till_late
28-12-2005, 04:31 PM
150 boats at pamly? I was out the, tries counting them but lost count, farout i knew there were a few boats there but not that many!!!!!

bazzaman
28-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Thats a deadset joke 150 boats and its only gunna get worse!

Thank god i live in NQ! Never see that many boats at the boat ramp!

Shane

flickflack
28-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Ian

Thats a top fish there mate , makes the day worthwhile.

Yup those boats at palmy are a complete joke, park anywhere anytime. Dont go near them ,its very bad for your health

gavsgonefishing
28-12-2005, 08:51 PM
No Abu and Flatline were working chardons area, I was wider, in Slack Attack a little markham cat

Zucchini_bros
28-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Nice by catch Ian,
I would be pleased to have that for show and tell.
Well done

Cheers
Andrew

GBC
28-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Starting to form a pretty strong opinion here - slow trolling is NOT for marlin, Patternosters rule. 4 out of 4 can't be wrong.. ;D ;D ;D

finding_time
29-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Gav

I might have seen you out there is your boat called ABU or something like that, i was by myself in the southwind.

It was amazing the differance between the 2 days i'll be there again on friday hopefully

Ian

3Vs
29-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Ya just gotta get in there early lads ...... I've booked my spot in for next Xmas so just check at reception before you anchor up!! [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif]

I swear I hate it there at this time of year ... WalleyWorld! #It looks like this:
[smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=whip.gif] [smiley=wink.gif] [smiley=huh.gif]

Which one is Garry?

the_bomber
29-12-2005, 08:57 AM
GBC
4 out of 4?
You, Rob K and Finding Time = 3??

Has Lively Lure done it too?

Always_offshore
29-12-2005, 09:00 AM
headed out wed morning,fished wide caloundra wind was about 15-20 knots NE,caught a couple mahi- mahi,nothing showing on the sounder,had a great day on the water with a couple of great blokes,sorry no pics as i forgot my camera,might have another bash fri or mon. ;D;-----------cheers till next time. ;D ;D ;D

magicpudding
29-12-2005, 10:01 AM
We also headed out there wednesday. Had a shot from a really good sized black and dropped another one boatside at the 8 mile off Mooloolaba. Also managed to pickup some dollies for a feed. There was some awesome bait around the usual haunts, but we couldn't pull any fish off them.

CJ

GBC
30-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Bomber,

Merry xmas and HNY maaaate,

If memory serves me I believe it is finding time X 2.

C.J.
;D ;D

Hands up who's caught marlin on unorthodox rigs

the_bomber
01-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks GBC

Right back at ya.

How are you handling the heat? I bet the wife and young one are looking forward to that pool you are apparently doing. ;)

I took the wife and kids to Tangalooma yesterday.Brownies galore, no where near as buggered and the same results as fishing in these northerlies. Whats more I saved $$ on fuel.

Bring on the southerly change some time soon.

Smithy
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hijack this but bycatch whilst livebaiting for Bills isn't unusual. #Most days livebaiting we end up with a bit of a feed from the Squire, Pearlies and Parrot we catch on the Sabiki rigs then there are the Pearlies and Snapper etc. you catch on the liveys. #Here are a couple of Snapper we got on circle hooks livebaiting during a Tournament.

Smithy
01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
And a couple of Wahoo on circle hooks on liveys from the same day. We were amazed by that as well. Pity we didn't stay connected to the two Blacks we had on as well as it would have been an awesome day and we would have been near the top of scoreboard.

Smithy
01-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Pearly from the 21mile.

Smithy
01-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Quite a few of these Cod from the close inshore Marlin grounds with a bit of gravel off the Sunny Coast.

Smithy
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
And on and on but Grassys are always a welcome bonus.

finding_time
02-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Hi-jack away Smithy it,s nice to get a bit of esky filling in on a marlin trip!!! What GBC and the Bomber are refering to is the fact that all three of us have been on reef fishing trips and have caught marlin on the old Paternoster rigs it must be a fairly common occurance.

Ian