PDA

View Full Version : Cape Moreton Marlin No 2

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Hi Pete,

Catching fish yourself is a fantastic experience.

Watching the smiles on the faces and being there when your son or daughter catches their first Marlin is a memory forever.

The DVD of the whole adventure helps a lot as well.

The season has only just begun.

Stay tuned..... There will be more to come in the future.

Frank OO

Sproulesy
30-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Thats a great fish there, maybe you should take your daughter out more often and you maybe able to land one, get her to drive the boat for a while and you man the rods.

Cheers Dave

Franco
30-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Hey Frank!

Super story of a great catch mate. Awesome being the skipper I reckon .... and even moreso with a fish like THAT!! Just got a post from your nephew Scalem who reckons we got Fishy / Lucky names .... I wish!! But you sure have done alright the last few months!

Sorry to hear you're temporarily limited after your recent surgery mate. But listen if you ever need a personal Emergency Doctor on board for those "risky long range" fishing trips more than 100m from the boat ramp then I'd be glad to be at your service ;D ::) ::) ... Oh ... and I make an OK handle-winder too!! Hee Hee Hee!

Well done top report.

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Hi Franco,

If Scalem would only come out more often rather than talk about it, we may be able to make good use of his name as well.

I am seriously thinking of coming down to the Gold Coast for a fish after the festive season. Towing the boat in all that traffic is a bit scary when it weighs about three and a half ton.

I will give you a call when the time draws near.

Frank OO

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 07:15 AM
I had set a couple of goals this year. I had caught my first Dolphin fish and my first Amberjack and life was going along just fine. I have recently also undergone surgery, which has limited me to just driving the boat…No straining or lifting of any kind.

My daughter Tammy had come up for Christmas and was pretty keen to go fishing so I took her out.

We had just come up to Cape Moreton when we noticed some birds working the shallows (18 Metres), so we dropped over some skirts hoping for a Spaniard or Wahoo.

We were less than two hundred metres from the Cape and I was just letting out the second skirt, the short one on only 5Kg of braid, when it took off.

Tammy grabbed the rod and started to wind the fish in. As the fish came closer, we couldn’t believe our eyes when this pointy bill broke the water and leapt into the air.

Unbelievable, Tammy had achieved what I had been after for years. Not only that, but she had caught her first Marlin on an old Ugly Stick fitted with a TLD 25 using 5kg Fireline in less than 20 metres of water.

The fight lasted for about fourty minutes. A few quick photos and swam her till she started kicking. This one was going back so I can catch it another day.

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Marlin

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Marlin

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Marlin

Good_as_Gold
30-12-2005, 08:44 AM
GREAT WORK

isaac
30-12-2005, 09:00 AM
thats gold [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scott15
30-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Very Nice!! Much action happening out there??

Frank_Oostenbroek
30-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi Scott,

This one must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We have trolled for three days but there doesn't appear to be much bait around.

There is a lot of bait in front of Caloundra but no takers there either.

Frank OO

outsiderskip
30-12-2005, 09:55 AM
hi frankoo
that a nice bill fish
pity u never caught it
;D :D :-*

cheers pete

mackmauler
30-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Top fish Franc OO skipper must get some cred ay, your daughter handles that fish really well, if ya gonna hold em up thats the way to do it.

Angla
30-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Francoo,

Thats one go gettem girl you got there. Good to see the girls getting great fish too.
Personally I have never tried for a Marlin yet but maybe in a couple of years.

Great Pic's too

Angla

Matt_G
30-12-2005, 05:15 PM
That is fantastic. I can't wait till my boys are big enough to have a crack. We missed the picture of the smile on your face, or was their no wide angle lense on the camera ;)

Matt Gross
Ultimate Gamefishing Tackle

bidkev
30-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Pure gold mate! Hope you recover from the surgery soon before the girls start putting you to shame ;) ;D

kev

620sf
31-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Nice fish Frank00, your one of the lucky ones to have boated a bill this season.

Luke

Scalem
15-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey Frankoo/Franco!

I am sure there is something in the name that attracts good fish, but I know that you have been putting in the time also, and here are the results. Well done Tambo!

Now I am back from Hervey Bay doing some of my own Father /Daughter bonding I hope to be doing some Bribie bashing soon. Daughter Kelly set her own PB also, catching a 55cm Mackerel on a bait jig, catching it in the top of the dorsal fin. ;D

Will definitely catch up soon!

Scalem

Tambo
18-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Scalem/ Brian,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you - send my congrats to Kelly on her PB!!! as you can see I finally have my own login instead of using Dad's all the time

Tambo :o :D

Mad_fisherman
19-01-2006, 01:46 AM
That is awesome Frank well done to both yourself and your daughter :))

MAD!