PDA

View Full Version : Hutchys 01/04 - trevor and the longtail

MrWong
01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Evening all,
Departed Scarbrough 5am for a trip around the bay with a mate who is an absolute expert in the field of Soft plastics and bass fishing. We were looking to see what we could find. Headed the poly up to the shipping channels of Bribie looking for longtails.
They were there it was rough and they were moving like rockets hard to follow and was a rough sea for casting..... no fish. Off to Combyuro Point area where we trolled Blue Pillies and CD18's to hutchies and around a bit for a very unlucky mack tuna for our trouble.
It was reasonable out wide ... probably calmer than inbound. We made Hutchys our destination and had a lil old fish with a soft plastic or two. The drift was pretty fierce for a softy, however Tracey managed a awesome 6kg Trevally on a SP on his Loomis gear 6lb dia fireline and 14 lb leader..... I am very impressed! An awesome fight on light gear and I am sure the pics will be in my email soon to post.
We then headed into the Bulwer ledge to have a play on SP's then again after some Long tails.... This time they were responsive in a bay that was glassing out in the Bulwer area... not alot of schools but they were working bait and responsive.
Tracey connected to a freight train same rod same gear..... alot of chasing with the boat a very awesome longtail ..... estimate about about 10 - 12 kg swimming by in full view on many occasions. At the 50 minute mark on the light gear a tired Longy found freedom when the leader gave way (worn through about where his tail would be kicking).
Anyhoo a awesome day, a longtail swimming with some dental work ;)3/4 oz jig head and salt water assasin :), and two very satisfied fishos.

Mr Wongs many dollars of hardbodies have just becom redundant ::) Its all about plastic now..... the poly and the SPs! :D

markpeta
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Good to see you getting some a bit of travelling looks like you might be in for a service in a couple of weeks. Looking at a new moon overnighter off caloundra at the end of the month good to catch up and show us a few of your plastic tech. As I have given them a go for a couple of casts and put them away.

Mark

pegasus
02-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey there Mr Wong,

Sounded a very interesting/educational day. Reckon - LT 's on SP would be a buzz. He s still out there awaiting round two :). Tops stuff.

Catch you around the traps.

MrWong
02-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Mmmmm BCF is a bad bad place Berkley Powerbaits for 6 dollars a pack....... ohh and need a new container to put this new arsenal of SP'S in they are also on special. Mrs Wong wont know hey pegasus!
off to Anaconda now to see what damage I can do there as well.

Mark,
Yep the hours just keep creeping up all the time... may have to start rationing them a little.... somehow I doubt it though.
Would be good to catch up sometime soon so keep us in mind.
Cheers
Norm

madman1
03-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Good report there Norm.

I managed to get out to Hutchies for a troll with several strikes however no solid connections on Sunday.

Fished / trolled around Flinders, Brennan and Smiths and had a freight train connect to the new 6500 Baitrunner loaded with 30lb braid on a ganged pillie. Dont you hate it when your gear fails. It could have been anything.

Mrs Madman wanted me home by 1200 and it was hard coming home at 4500rpm with glassed out conditions powering ar 50kph +.

Anyway theres always next time.

Good to see Kingtim out there.

Give me a call, we need to drink beer. MMMMMM BEEEER

Cheers

Mark

madman1
03-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Good report there Norm.

I managed to get out to Hutchies for a troll with several strikes however no solid connections on Sunday.

Fished / trolled around Flinders, Brennan and Smiths and had a freight train connect to the new 6500 Baitrunner loaded with 30lb braid on a ganged pillie. Dont you hate it when your gear fails. It could have been anything.

Mrs Madman wanted me home by 1200 and it was hard coming home at 4500rpm with glassed out conditions powering ar 50kph +.

Anyway theres always next time.

Good to see Kingtim out there.

Give me a call, we need to drink beer. MMMMMM BEEEER

Cheers

Mark

MrWong
07-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Heres a pic of the diamond trevally

Slient
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
My gosh big diamond well done on SP... 8-)

Cheers
Silent

damons33
07-04-2006, 06:03 PM
beautiful fish.
damon