PDA

View Full Version : Moreton on Friday - Late report

Tunzafun
08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Headed out at 0400 from Scarborough to Hutchys with Fadd from Ausfish. Bit lumpy but not to uncomfortable. #Tried a few spots around hutchys, lots showing on the sounder but rubbish kept cleaning up the baits as soon as they hit the water. #Lifted the pick and drifted over the shoals of fish but still no result. #Fished light, fished heavy, fished high and fished low; still nothing. Wind was dropping of so decided to head back and try the ledge of Bulwer. #

Found a show on the sounder and dropped the pick just on the ledge. #Fadd floats a pilly and no sooner does he put the rod down when the magical scream of the reel rings out. #Spotty #1 in the boat (I'm still changing bottoms from the troll back). Fadd's back in the water and as I bait up his reel goes again: 2 to Fadd, none to Ross #:'( (but I never missed with the gaff). Got my line in while he pacifies the fish and rebaits. He lands another pilly next to mine and his goes again and he pulls out a nice sweetlip :(. #Time for me to lighten up. #Quick change of hooks and back in floating a squid on ganged hooks. Bingo, a spotty at last #;D. #At least I had opened my account (I never counted the small grinner I got on Comboyoro point on the troll back or his little Moses Perch and Moon Wrasse at Hutchys).

Things slowed down then but it had been a hectic half hour. We then picked up a couple of just size squire and threw back a few undersize. #Time was getting on and at 1430, things had slowed down. #Decided to head for home and threw slugs at a couple of schools feeding on the way back to no avail. #Back at the ramp at 1600. #12 hours for 4 spottys, 1 Sweetlip and a couple of Squire. Still, the company was good, the weather got kinder as the day progressed and we both took home a feed.

Can't wait till next time and I WILL remember the camera.

Thanks for a great day out Fadd :).

Ross

Fishin_Dan
09-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Still sounds like a top day out mate. Good to see you got a few out there, and when you tuck into those spotty steaks you'll forget all the bad bits ;)

fad
09-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Top bloke that Tunzafun takes me out on my maiden voyage to hutchies puts me onto a feed and gives me a tip on the nags that covers the cost for the day ;D cant beat that fellas.Thanks for a top day out Ross looking forward to the next one cheers Adam ;D ;D ;D.Fishin Dan the sweetlip friday night with a couple of coldies was magic and followed up saturday lunch t-bones and mack fillets on the barby for the boys at work ;D lifes tuff ;D ;D ;D.

Hagar
10-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Ross

Glad you got a trip in before you come down for Easter . The swell is on the rise :o :o - coming up from NSW so offshore might be out for a few days . Also - got any mackeral gear ?

Chris

Tunzafun
10-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Yea Mate,

Mackeral gear is packed and ready to go.

Ross