PDA

View Full Version : Smoked by big stuff......

Fixation
10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Well after not being out on the water for 2 months I was absolutely busting my gut to get out wide. Getting an extremely late start at 2:30 pm on Saturday we were going to head out to the banks but decided at the last minute to save fuel and stay in a little closer.

Turned the boat SE and headed towards cal wide. Saw a heap of long tails busting up but everything we threw at them didn’t seem to tempt them at all. Set sail again in glorious conditions.

Met Rhys on the way out on the Flamin Riptide. Was good to finally talk to you in person. (Nice boat!!!).

Didn’t do so well over Cal wide. We wasted a lot of time over there for little results. Anyway it was just glorious to be out on the water. The call was made just before sunset to go back in a little closer to one of our other marks and give it a shot.

We anchored up and pretty much straight away the coralies started to hit the deck. Not real big ones but they were nice eating size. We got smoked several times by heaps of big stuff. Not sure what they were. Dad got 2 nice reds but unfortunately they were about 53 cm…..(bummer)

Conditions were so good I felt like staying out there all night but had plans to go see reefmasters red talk on Sunday morning so had to head home. Sat on 4 grand all the way back in. Magic….

Fixation
10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Dad's pearlies....

Fixation
10-04-2006, 10:18 AM
A few....

Fixation
10-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Few....

TheSlyDeckie
10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Must try and find some better bait next time. That stuff was crud!!

TIM-DONSELAAR
10-04-2006, 11:04 AM
nice haul there Fixation...Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim :D

revs57
10-04-2006, 11:21 AM
G'day Craig,

good to see you out there too. Looks like you got a few good fish. was trying to get you on 21 but no answer - never mind

Next sat is looking good for an early morning to the banks...you on???.

Be in touch

Rhys

Fixation
10-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah I'll be in touch Rhys. I'm dying to get out there. Hope the weather holds.

Anne-T-Dote
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Craig,

Mate, if that's a slow day's result I'd love to see you on a good day. That's a superb haul of reefies there. Those Pearlies are absolute STONKERS. Well done.

Macca

Fixation
10-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah Macca,

I was pretty jealous slipping the net under those ones for the old man. He out did us this trip. I'm gonna make sure he eats a couple of banana's before we head out next time. When we measured his reds though he cried when they were a couple of cm under. I did feel sorry for him for about 5 mins. Was a great day out on the water. Hopefully more to come.

Dave
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Great conditions, good fish, does it get any better :). Well done.

Dave

outsiderskip
10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
hi craig
we too were out there good to see some quality pearlies
nice feed with great conditions

cheers pete

BrandonH
10-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Top catch mate :) I got out on saturday arvo too!! had a trip out with a work mate on his boat the White Knight! (big 21foot alloy) We left around 12:30. We had a play with the school of fish just south of pt cartwright and i actually managed to hook a Mac Tuna 10lb on a plastic!! Was on my barra rod (50lb braid) with a 4" grub and a resionably big lead head. was winding as fast as my Abu 6000 woudl go!! dam he hit fast :) first Tuna for me of any kind too so i was stoked!! (the skipper couldnt hook one :P) kept flicking for another 30 mins but the school broke up a bit and we could only find little buggers around the 30cm mark, did foul hook one about that size but that was all. will post a pic when i get it from my mate. We hit the reef somewhere near 12 mile and didnt' get as many as you but did get some perlies a couple of parrot, 2 lippers and one 37cm squire :( oh there was a 40cm moses in the bag too:) managed to get one lipper and a parot on a plastic in about 30mtrs Also hooked something that gave big head shakes but i pulled the hook on him >:( (decent snapper i think). Enede up giving it away and going to bait as i didn't have a big enogh jig head to stay on the bottom while we were anchored:( (biggest was 1 ounce) Anyways am keen to get out there again but dont know when it will be :( Wish my old man still had his 18 footer! I actually saw Rhys's Flaming boat overtake us comming back in on saturday night with another boat!! looks like a very nice rig mate ;)

cheers
Brandon..

-spiro-
10-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Good stuff :o thats why we couldn't find the pearlies they were in close ;D