PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day off M'ba

linzmitch58
12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
This was my first time offshore. It was not really a successful day :'(.

On the way out to the yellow marker, I hit a swell which resulted in one of my rods (in the boat) and I having a crash. As a result of that my ankle became well and truly hooked onto a lure ... could only get it off by cutting the skin. >:(

It got very choppy out there and one one of my kids got sick. And on top of that we caught nothing. :(

On the way home a tyre exploded on the boat trailer.

One of those days ..... that's fishing!! ;D

Lindsay

jeffo
12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
this morning?? maybe you were going a touch fast if you were launched off a swell today as it was pretty blooody flat from where i saw it.

always next time.

linzmitch58
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Did you catch anything Jeffo?

By the way, we were ther from 6.45 to about 9.30. Was the swell normal for that time of day this morning?

nigelr
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Next time will be better, Lindsay!
Cheers.

FOOCKCHUCKER
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
hang in there bloke bad times come to all but the memory of that big red fish caught last season or the hope of nicer trips that yeild better fish keep all going.p.s lures should stay in the box till you are on a school but if hooks are on lines do what i do and put a peice of cork onto the hook huckelberry fin style and this will keep you skin in tact and probley get a little chuckle from other anglers. :'(

Angla
12-04-2006, 10:17 PM
linzmitch58,
Where is this yellow marker. like approx how far offshore in what direction and roughly what water depth. Was it out from old woman island.

Just concerned that you were at the Brisbane wreck marker for the restricted zone

Angla

linzmitch58
13-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Hi Angla

The yellow marker (which is probably not the correct term) is approx 8-9 km due east from Maloolaba. It marks the Gneering reefs. The depth where we were was about 38 metres.

Regards

Lindsay

Slient
13-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi Linzmitch,

Keep trying to go offshore fishing :) till you build up confidence with skills.
Trust ausfishers will help you a way to successful. ;)

Happy fishing

Silent

revs57
13-04-2006, 10:45 AM
We all have a horror trip now and then Linds...be thankful you've had yours and it can only get better from here...

all the best

Rhys

bigmack
13-04-2006, 03:36 PM
The Yellow marker is commonly known as the blinker - my understanding is that it use to mark what was known as the gneerings until the Blinker was moved at least a kilometre further out.

If its any consolation - we thought we would be smart and fish the full moon last night - the conditions were awesome, just a gentle easterly breeze, small swell and no real chop to speak off.

We looked around in a number of locations that have held fish and produced for us b4 but everything was empty last night - no bait columns, no fish. In the end we found some grass sweetlip but it was a nursery and we caught one after the other at about 30cm and small squire just under size as well.

The conditions yesterday - would be described as very good and pretty typical of a normal day at sea. Sometimes there is more swell and sometimes it absolutely glasses out - but I would never have described yesterday as uncomfortable. It looked the goods all day.

No fish today - Oh well thats fishing. All the fish hopefully have gone on holdiays so the tourists dont get them

Picture the fish with sunnies and zinc - sitting quietly back on a reef somewhere taking it easy or else they have gone over to the Brisbane to check all the divers out - LOL

Phill

jake_snapper_king
15-04-2006, 12:10 PM
ha ha never take kids

ps i am a kid 13 years of age but only take the kids that know how to fish lol good fish days / or bad come to us all