PDA

View Full Version : Cairns reef sesh 09/04

Bad_Bubby
13-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey guys,

A while between posts for me thanks to poofter Larry and associated chaos. Its been two months of continual foul weather so last weekend was the first opportunity for a reef bash ::). Getting out about 45mins from the ramp it was impossible to ignore some huge tuna feeding frenzies. For the next hour we fought and landed about half a dozen 3-4kg northern blues into the esky. Great fresh reef baits!. Often when the birds are active the reef will shut down. However, this day was a bit different. First few baits were unstoppables, probably as a big trout came onboard. Out of nowhere my floating pillie was smashed. I lost about 40m and the hooks fell...dammmit!. The next couple of hours we nearly bagged out on spanish inbetween sweetlip off the bottom. At one stage a 10 foot hammerhead circled the boat. They were typically around this size (5 or 6kg). The best one I got about 10kg (in pic). As darknerss fell the smallmouth came on the chew :o. In two hours we got close to ten around 3-4kg and a jack of similar size. We called it quits at about 9pm with the dreaded bad weather returning.

Bad_Bubby
13-04-2006, 09:47 PM
The catch

kingcobe
13-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Top work mate [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]. I bet you were tired when you got home.

Jay Jay

TIM-DONSELAAR
13-04-2006, 11:58 PM
great haul there Dan...Well Done #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim 8-)

kiljora
14-04-2006, 06:27 AM
A nice mixed bag there boys.....

Cheers Tony_P

Bad_Bubby
16-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks guys! with the amount of foul weather we've had it was a most welcome session.