PDA

View Full Version : Fun morning offshore Goldie.

Cloud_9
15-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Fishing report for Friday the 14th April.
Fished the South Straddie area again with Karen and Candice.
The weather report was to be perfect but it was a little bumpy and Sickness shortened the trip somewhat.
The main aim was for a troll to target mackerel, but the lure of thousands of tuna or possibly something bigger won out after a 30 minute troll.
I had my trusty tuna rod plus a slightly heavier version with a TSS4 attached.
Using 20 gram Raiders and 15 and 25 gram Snipers on the lighter rod the Tuna climbed all over the lures and on more than one occasion hitting the lure just as we were about to lift it from the water and emptying the spool a bit before we could turn them around.
The size varied heaps from little Jellybeans about 500 grams to Karen PB at 5Kg.
We fished 3Kg mono on the lighter rod today instead of the usual 4Kg and the 5Kg Mack tuna of Karen's gave her the run around for 15 minutes or so before being netted and measured, weighed and photoed and speared back for another go.
Candice had her arms stretched a little too but her fish where a bit smaller her best for the trip was 3Kg.
No mackerel where found and I didn't see anyone land one either.
Curran Cove area was very busy with small boats and big game boats everywhere.
We fished till about 10:30 am before seasickness got the best of Karen and Candice and it was time to go back to the ramp.
Tally for this trip was more than 30 Mack tuna for the boat from 5:30- 10:30.
all where released, but the amount of blood on all of us it looked more like a massacre.
On the way back in we ran into Steve Wilson from Gold Coast Sport Fishing Club fishing the Seaway, he had a blinder too 9 Jew and 2 Tailor, he got sharked on one to bring just the head to the boat.

Peter Denaro fished one of his spots up in the bay and got a nice bag of squire on plastics, best fish was in the 50’s this trip .
Till next trip
Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
15-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Karen trying to subdew her PB 5kg macktuna on 3 Kg mono.

Cloud_9
15-04-2006, 11:02 AM
she won the fight.

Cloud_9
15-04-2006, 11:07 AM
and finaly me with a average 1 caght on my new Daiwa Coastal 12-20 lb IM-6
great casting rod 40gram slug throws a mile.
the TSS4 is a bit bulkie.
Cheers Cloud 9

rakinray
15-04-2006, 07:11 PM
G/ day Jamie good to see you back offshore mate, those macks look like fun on the light gear but you must be due for a snapper run soon.

CHEERS RAY :)

kingcobe
15-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Nice fish.

Dave
15-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Gee they would have been fun on the light gear. Good stuff.

Dave

TIM-DONSELAAR
15-04-2006, 11:35 PM
looks like a fun morning....its a shame the girls got sea sick #:(

did they take any sea sick tablets ??? #

cheers tim #:)

TIGER
16-04-2006, 03:07 PM
hope it doesn't upset you to much to say they were just north a bit

masterdusky
16-04-2006, 03:09 PM
tiger..nice fish and what type of boat u fishing out of..looks wide n deep :D