PDA

View Full Version : When gods smile....

insideout
15-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Happy Easter Ausfishers, Friday we decided to go to the southern gutters again to see whats happening, and another slow start due to lack of live bait. But we pesisted and finally got enough to go. The trip out was bumpy and we found pot-holes everywhere ,but finally made it to our mark after 2 Hours steaming. We fished spot x for a couple of hours with no takers, and the tide had turned , so we decided to go on a scouting mission to grounds never seen by us before. After heading in general directions ,running a grid for close to 3 hours, we found ground that did not look very promising, but warrented closer inspection none the less. After doing a drift with a livie down in 45 mtrs of water over this spot i got slamed on my TLD 30 2 speed and needed low gear to winch it #aboard.Thinking it was a cod, it turned out to be a 8.5kg trout! So we double timed it back to new spot , anchored up and let the good times roll. After the dust settled ,and the yelling and laughing subsided , the final tally was 18 great sized trout, 5 good sweetlip ,and 3 good cod , which all went toward replentishing our low fish stocks.And the added bonus of getting home early. Yes, that day ,the gods smiled...................

me with trout

insideout
15-04-2006, 01:53 PM
another photo of part of days catch.,...

windancer
15-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Great catch a trophy trout.
Regards David.

xtosea
15-04-2006, 10:49 PM
How big is that Trout? What a fish!

TIM-DONSELAAR
15-04-2006, 10:51 PM
great haul there insideout...that trout is huge#[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim #:)

Jeremy
15-04-2006, 10:55 PM
looks like you kept some for your wife's mum too ;D ;D
Gotta be happy with that.

Jeremy

Spaniard_King
16-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Insideout, great haul there.

Is that Trout safe to eat????

I thought large trout were on the Ciguatera list of high risk fish :-/

Garry

insideout
17-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Gday spaniard king,
your right ,large trout is on the high risk list, but in all my years of fishing these areas, and for all the fishos i know/ charters that take trout , ihave not heard of a single case yet coming from coral trout. On the other hand, i have heard of alot coming from spanish mackrel and black king( cobia) from these parts. But, let me tell ya ,its always in the back of ya head......

outsiderskip
17-04-2006, 09:43 AM
hi insideout
getting a new motor 150 etec in two weeks
would like to have a trip up yourway
any chance of a gps mark to start me off
thanks
pm me
cheers pete

vertico
17-04-2006, 12:08 PM
great trout there welldone