PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday

INDULGENCE
18-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Friday started out badly, slepted in and didnt get on the water until 6.30am.Travelled out to the 90m line and was there by ourselves.Looked out to sea and saw a flotilla out around the Fisheries FAD. 41 boats was the count.Give it a miss was the cry and we decided to stay on the 90m reef.
Pulled some 8 reds and 4 good kings when all hell broke loose, the 24kg gear that was just sitting near the bottom with a smelly old slimy mack for bait took off.
After 10 mins I called for the esky to be moved near the motor hatch so I could sit down and put something into this train that was heading for NZ. We let the anchor free and cleared everything away so I could just sit there and stretch muscles that have not been used for sometime.
40mins into this tug of war the fish had stopped jumping , I was stuffed and the deckie was telling me to put more on it and dont be a girl.
The fish was directly under the boat and it was an effort to keep the line away from the side of the boat when along came Mr Leatherjacket and friends. They were a black cloud on the sounder as I was left with the 150kg Jinkai trace bitten through and without seeing close up the thing that caused me so much pain.
To add to this pain some lovely person walking their dog left a plastic bag upside down full of doggie do in my winch post back at the ramp. The smell has taken 3 days to clear.
Dont you just love people that go to all the trouble to pick up after their dogs only to throw away the plastic bag. Sooo good for the environment
This was just the start of my weekend, that included visit to the chiropractor and all.

Gee I love fishing
Wally