PDA

View Full Version : B/Banks 15.04.06

Dave
16-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Headed out from Mooloolaba about 3 friday afternoon. Bit of slop around for the trip out but bearable. Checked out a mark given to me by Spiro and found some good shows. First drop was a moses perch and things were looking good. Did a couple of drifts and decided to throw out the pick and see what happens. Over the next few hours a mixed bag started coming over the side although not great size. About 10 the rod screamed into action. Grabbed a hold and started to get into it. Got about half way up then it headed for the reef again,peeling out the line I just gained. finally got it up to the side of the boat and first glimpse,I called shark but closer inspection found a Cobia estimate about 20 pound. We got busted up a few times, something would take a big run then snip through the 100 pound leader. Ended up with a good mixed bag of Squire, Parrot, Pearlies, Mangrove Jack, Trevally, Cobia, Moses Pearch.
Talked to a few Ausfishers out there and met up with Vertico who was drifting near us.
The G.P.S decide to give up the ghost about 3 in the morn so could not get out some of my favorite spots. Had to run back in on the compass.
All in all a good night fishing,Slow but still fun.
Till next time.

Dave

Dave
16-04-2006, 09:40 AM
:)

Dave
16-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Dave
16-04-2006, 09:44 AM

Dave
16-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Anyone know what this is?

Dave
16-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Another view.

-spiro-
16-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Well done Dave i think that might be some sort of mowie ;D What time did you leave? Give us a ring when you get time 8-)

rakinray
16-04-2006, 09:55 AM
G/ day Dave nice haul there mate might be wrong but looks like a mowong to me alias mother in law fish .

CHEERS RAY :)

620sf
16-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Some good fish there Dave, I thought it would of fired alittle more with the full moon.

Luke

matthill80
16-04-2006, 11:23 AM
they call them painted sweetlip but is actually just a morwong mate still bled and eaten REALLY fresh they arent too bad but with pearlies and snaps they go to the mother in laws ;D ;D

cheers matt

outsiderskip
16-04-2006, 11:33 AM
hi dave
mowong is the call
nice lot of mixed reefies
love the jacks

happy easter
cheers pete

TIM-DONSELAAR
16-04-2006, 11:39 AM
good haul there Dave...Well Done #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim #:)

damons33
16-04-2006, 01:18 PM
firstly the majority of your catch is good, and it was sloppy conditions' you went through to get at em'
but, why keep a fish you know nothing about?
or fish that eat like crap'
like your treva and the triggafish.
use your head!
:-?
you want bait/burley troll up mack tuna around the gneerin's.
;)
this is why i never post my captures anymore here, as i don't want to provoke a flotilla of the uneducated out to my favorite grounds-selfish.......yes.
:-/
seems to me its the vested interests of tackle sales that "post the most".
the 'master angler' knows that silence is golden!
8-)

thursday- i bagged out on snapps n pearls and a few trag in 80m, i leave the tops alone till the start of summer so the tropicals can do their spawn unmolested. seems like for there to be good numbers of trout, reds and sweety's, there needs to be some protected area's applied to the barwons, hards and DI.
funny, if we managed ourselves better, it wouldn't have to come to this- those jacks just got out there this season; would of been nice if they spawned at lest once.
damon ps. yes this is a little bit of a kick for you, but i felt i had to say something maybe in time you will know why i said this now. it isn't a personal attack its an "idealogic"one.

Dave
16-04-2006, 03:47 PM
damons33 - I guess i shouldn't ask you for any marks. For your information I did know that it was a mowong of some sort #but didn't know what type. As for you saying fish that eat like crap, I do eat the trevally and the deckie had the trigger. Each to their own, but to tell me to use my head because you dont like them is an insult. As you can see from all of my posts I dont brag about bagging out on snaps n pearls and usually have a few of each species. If you are the "master angler" I would appreciate your silence.

Dave

revs57
16-04-2006, 03:57 PM
None the less Dave a good bag of mixed reefies...bet that cobe' lit things up a bit...shame your GPS packed it in...did you find the problem...Well done getting home the old fashioned way at 3am.

Cheers

rhys

outwide1
16-04-2006, 04:10 PM
WELL SAID HAINSY.There's allways one in the crowd.

outwide1
16-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Idealogic ######,cant wait to get back and flog the banks again.you do not own the ocean.

uripper
16-04-2006, 09:06 PM
this is why i never post my captures anymore here, as i don't want to provoke a flotilla of the uneducated out to my favorite grounds-selfish.......yes.
thursday- i bagged out on snapps n pearls and a few trag in 80m ...., #

Grants Guide To Fishes pge 897 Wankus Hypocriticus #Unusual #amphibious creature #charactised by IQ same size as anus (think about it), large ego, extremely small reproductive appendage , often hides in slimey water & changes color when suits, preferably avoided (particularly at social gatherings) but can make adequate toilet brush (if desperate), usually a loner shunned by other species with few redeeming qualities, invertebrate that ranks below all other venomous genus # ;D

StevenM
16-04-2006, 09:54 PM
My mamma said...nah stay away from that...actually havent seen my mamma for a while and Jay as well as a mater of fact...

any who

nice haul their hainesy

cheers

steven

-spiro-
16-04-2006, 10:05 PM
I don't know why you would bother been on here with such negative feed back like this >:(. I have meet Dave and he is a top bloke and as he said he hasn't bagged out on anything there yet. If you don't have positive stuff to say go away and pull your own chain else where.

Keep posting Dave i look forward to your next post ;D
[/quote]

[quote author=damons33 link=1145144355/0#12 date=1145157516]firstly the majority of your catch is good, and it was sloppy conditions' you went through to get at em'
use your head!
;)
8-)

thursday- i bagged out on snapps n pearls and a few trag in 80m, i leave the tops alone till the start of summer so the tropicals can do their spawn unmolested. seems like for there to be good numbers of trout, reds and sweety's, there needs to be some protected area's applied to the barwons, hards and DI.
funny, if we managed ourselves better, it wouldn't have to come to this- those jacks just got out there this season; would of been nice if they spawned at lest once.
damon ps. yes this is a little bit of a kick for you, but i felt i had to say something maybe in time you will know why i said this now. it isn't a personal attack its an "idealogic"one.

damons33
16-04-2006, 11:22 PM
always a pleasure gentlemen'
:-*
see who's right in the long run- about closures that is.

uripper- ure a very funny man, bet i occupied you for a while today or does those kind of thoughts just float in your head all the time........ sounds like fun.
damon.

vertico
16-04-2006, 11:58 PM
good to meet you hainsey, you scored yourself some nice jacks there!
and a nice mixed bag to boot. Im glad I hit the banks instead of hutchies :)

linzmitch58
17-04-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree with your comment re Damons33, Dave.

I am new to the offshore fishing game and appreciate learning things from experienced people on this webiste.

When I met you, Dave, you were generous with your information and that was great. :)

I am pleased that Damons33 a) condisders himself a "master angler", b) feels free to criticise other people and c) is not willing to share information to "the uneducated" (see above).

BUT I do wonder if Damons33 appreciated it when people taught him things in past years ???

Good luck Dave ;)

Lindsay M

kingcobe
17-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Nice fish

Sportfish_5
17-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Actually I think Damon raises an intersting point - Why do you post fishing reports anyway ? Do you need to have the recognition to make you feel like a good fisho or do you think it helps others ?

Just a question in general and definitley not aimed at you hainsey regarding this particular report - just interested to hear some thoughts on the subject.

With all the increasing population coming to SEQ in particular like it or lump it - these reports do place pressure on certain areas.

Cheers

Greg

PS - If you think damon doesnt know his fishing then you are all very mistaken.

uripper
17-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Actually I think Damon raises an intersting point - Why do you post fishing reports anyway ? Do you need to have the recognition to make you feel like a good fisho or do you think it helps others ?

Just a question in general and definitley not aimed at you hainsey regarding this particular report - just interested to hear some thoughts on the subject.

With all the increasing population coming to SEQ in particular like it or lump it - these reports do place pressure on certain areas.

Cheers

Greg

PS - If you think damon doesnt know his fishing then you are all very mistaken.

Most like to share their successes (&some failures) passing on useful information.
Some simply brag without passing on any useful information - each to their own.
Some dont want to share anything (thats fine too).
Having a crack at somone who chooses to share, is simply not on.
If that is really indicative of the attitude then suggest re-assess being an Ausfish member.
As was said earlier - how successful would 'D' be if he'd not benefited from the experiences of others?? - maybe he was just 'trolling'?? (bad manners anyway if this was the case)
As for placing pressure on certain areas - (without going into the mega complexities already raised in other posts) think there are many bigger issues that could be addressed before worrying about posts on this site - interesting to see the number of B'Banks posts over the last few days reporting boats trying to avoid 'plaque' proportions of smaller fish - my two bobs worth.

MalM :)

Sproulesy
17-04-2006, 08:36 PM
well done there hainesy nice mixed bag of fish, maybe a little quite but at least you got in to them
Cheers Dave

Dave
17-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Quote - damons33 (why keep a fish you know nothing about? or fish that eat like crap')
1) As I say I did know it was a species of Mowong not sure of the type. I don't carry a full guide to fish on the boat.
2)Fish that eat like crap - that is just one opinion. I am sure there would be a lot of people out there that don't mind Trevally or the likes. Obviously Damons33 has caught, kept and eaten these fish to state that they taste like crap. Or is he just following the crowd and agree that they taste like crap without trying them for himself.

Quote - (use your head! you want bait/burley troll up mack tuna around the gneerin's)

He must assume that these fish were going to be used as burley, when in fact they were taken home filleted and eaten the next night. I have learnt not to assume things.

Quote - (this is why i never post my captures anymore here, as i don't want to provoke a flotilla of the uneducated out to my favorite grounds-selfish.......yes.)

Uneducated - How are people supposed to get educated. Nobody wants to help anybody anymore, sad but the way the world is going now a days. I have been very fortunate to meet some very good and helpful people on this sight. They have helped me to start catching better fish when I do happen to go fishing. That is what I believe this website is for. To help each other learn. How would it be if somebody posted a question about Which boat to buy, problem with a sounder etc and nobody posted any assistance.

Quote - (seems to me its the vested interests of tackle sales that "post the most".
the 'master angler' knows that silence is golden!)

How do you become a master angler? You have to spend a lot of time,money etc,etc,etc to become a master angler if silence is golden. I am sure the we have all had help- guidance from someone at sometime. that is what this site is for.

Quote -(thursday- i bagged out on snapps n pearls and a few trag in 80m)

And if there was no bag limit when would you stop. I have never bagged out on any fish, Does not really interest me in bagging out. If anyone looks at my posts there is always enough for a good feed for the people on board and their family. This is not a coincidence that when i have a good feed I will leave them on the chew as I have done in the past.

Quote - (those jacks just got out there this season; would of been nice if they spawned at lest once.)

Well sorry if I have not done a degree on fish and their spawning habbits. I just want to go out and get a feed, enjoy the company of those on my boat and have a good time. Those jack's to me were a good size. If the people who have done a degree on their spawning habbits know that they do not spawn till a bigger size than I have caught, why don't they increase the minimum size limit. That would stop people bagging other people for catching a fish they believe is to small or whatever.

One last thing Two Quotes From damons33

(thursday- i bagged out on snapps n pearls and a few trag in 80m)
& ( I never freeze fish and i cherish every mouthfull that i catch)

So yes I do post when and where I caught fish. I believe in helping your fellow man, Because like it or lump it people are going to go fishing. If I can assist people to enjoy fishing then I will. As people from this sit have helped me by pointing me in the right direction, I will continue to help people. People from this site have given me marks that get me to the area. I then find my own marks for myself and never give out their marks as respect to them. I will however share my marks with the people who have helped me and people who know me. I think by posting when and where you caught fish is an incentive for some people who are about to give up from not catching fish to keep going. But then I suppose if we don't post our catch then there will more fish for the 'Master anglers'.

Dave

adds31
17-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Good feed there fella's, well done and each to there own on what fish people select to eat unless protected or undersize or poisonous.

Adds....

markpeta
18-04-2006, 06:19 AM
firstly the majority of your catch is good, and it was sloppy conditions' you went through to get at em'
use your head!
;)
8-)

With crap like this comment that no wonder people are going to other web sites.

markpeta
18-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Damon with a signiture like that you must be a greenie.

Signature:
Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children." - american Indian Proverb

HERE IS MINE FOR YOU.

IF ITS LEGAL ITS IN THE ESKY ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

damons33
18-04-2006, 09:12 AM
well, if i never'
:D
wonder why the good don't bother- maybe because when their oppinion conflicts with "the herd"
and they get childish abuse. there are different trains of thoughts and contexts.
as for the respect of the people whom educated me.....if they didn't respect me, they wouldn't of bothered and futher more my sentiments in this posts are a reflection of those teachings, most of which are from face to face encounters with people i've known for many years, some of them the best in the game not someone i meet yesterday and "assume" is a good bloke and have stuff parroted to me from another new comer to this wonderful sport.
as for uripper- i feel sorry of you that you have such ideas as that black dialogue on "my species". and i don't see how you feel fit to make assurtions that i should leave this site(thats how you spell site by the way!).
markpeta- and as for being a greenie i think you might see alot of change happening in the next few decades regards the weather.
and here i was thinking i was talking to real people not hornets'
;)
damon-please come again sir'

Fixation
18-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey Hainesy,

Nice feed you got there. Thats what fishin is all about going out with some mates and having a good time. Those jacks will be great to eat. Nice cobe too. Was a great weekend out on the water. Shame about the GPS. Thought I heard you on the 2 way on saturday. But it was in the arvo so I dunno whether it was you. Looks like you had a good time. ;)

Dave
18-04-2006, 04:25 PM
IF ITS LEGAL ITS IN THE ESKY - I like ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dave

markpeta
18-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Damon,

Did not mean by my comment that you should go else where but plenty of other people are going to other fishing sites ( sites meaning more than single) :P.
And more will follow if this keeps happening on Fishing Reports.

Nothing worse than seeing a top report to scroll down and see someone has a bad comment for no good reason at all. Didnt your Mum teach you any manners.

If you havn't got anything good to say don't say it at all.

Mark