PDA

View Full Version : A few small wrasse and a schoolie

kingcobe
15-04-2006, 07:01 PM
We started off the day by leaving Nudgee boat ramp at 6:15am. We decided we would go offshore . We anchored up at Cape Morteon.

Within 3 hours we had only caught 7 small wrasse and a couple of fish we had to put back. Once when I got hooked up on small fish I got a run it was slow and sluggish it went slowly down to the coral and snagged me we had no choice but to snap the line. About 10 minutes later the same thing happened to my brother. My dad (kingtin) and I suspected it was a big Cod. A couple times when we wound in small fish a reef shark kept following it up.

At about 11:45am we left to go back in the bay because it was to rough offshore (2metre swell). When we got in the bay we went to the E2 beacon. We didn't catch much for the rest of the day apart from a 60 centimetre school mackrel.

Jay Jay

P.S: I will post the photo's later.

kingcobe
16-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry I was ment to say 5 Parrot fish and 2 gold spot wrasse not 7 Wrasse.

Jay Jay

revs57
16-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good day Jay,

I'd reckon dad was right, it probably was a large Cod that bricked you. some of those blighter can pull hard and long. #The parroty things are a good chew too...not to be sneezed at, at all...look forward to the pics.

Give dad a G'day for me

Cheers

Rhys

kingcobe
17-04-2006, 07:39 PM
the end result

revs57
19-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Good stuff Jay Jay...who are the proud young fisho's in the photo?

That spottie looks a good fish...did you eat him for tea???

Bet they were tasty

Keep 'em coming young fella

Cheers

Rhys

kingcobe
21-04-2006, 07:32 PM
The two kids in the photo are me and my brother Joshua. Yeah we did eat it for dinner and it was absolutely beautiful.

Jay Jay