PDA

View Full Version : GC Spots

isaac
22-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Finally had some good weather on my days off, on Thursday, so I took my brother in law John and mate Luke down the down the GC with the aim of putting in some big hours on the troll looking for a spanish. No spanish but found a large school of spots that kept us entertained for a good session.

We ended up with some fat spotties and a few mack tuna for bait in a session that saw us loose more than we caught due to bitesoffs on the slugs and missed hook ups on the pillies. We lost 6 slugs before going to short wire which slowed things down a bit but still had us entertained with them following the slugs all the way to the boat in 4s and 5s.

We slow trolled a wolfie, a pillie and a lure while trying to find the school again at various times and caught 2 noahs around the 2.5m mark, one in the morn and one in the arvo. I called them for large spanish after the first run as they were at warp speed and on the surface but after getting close to the boat they went down and started the customary headshakes. When we first found the school we saw one partially leave the water and spin, not real clear shots but can anyone ID it, whaler, bull?

Cheers Ben

isaac
22-04-2006, 02:05 PM
John on his first mack tuna

isaac
22-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Luke on the noah on the top

isaac
22-04-2006, 02:11 PM
then a lot of this

isaac
22-04-2006, 02:12 PM
saw this

isaac
22-04-2006, 02:13 PM
end of the session

outsiderskip
22-04-2006, 03:16 PM
hi ben
nice lot of fish there
how deep were u

cheers pete

mono
22-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Well done Ben, excellent spotties. Shark looks like a bronzy to me. Well done.

Cheers

Argle
23-04-2006, 12:07 PM
A very nice feed of spotties there! Looks like Moreton Bay missed out this year? :'(

Cheers and beers
Scott

Anne-T-Dote
23-04-2006, 12:16 PM
G'day Ben - some nice fat spotties there mate, well done. Good to see a report ;) ;)

I wouldn't have a clue what sort of shark that is... :-?

Could it be a Blue? - the speed (as you describe it) maybe suggests so...???

Slient
23-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Good pic presentation, gotta love the pic of bent rod

Quite nice spottie & MT's well done mate... 8-)

Cheers

Silent

isaac
23-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Pete - around the 20m mark

Mono - thanks mate, after looking at my fish book and a another shot attached, I now think its either a Long-Nosed Grey Shark or a Black Tip shark because of the black tips on fins

Scott- Can only hope for a real late run in the bay

Macca - They realy hit the afterburners as they were hooked, the second one took me to the backing on the Tld20/50lb braid in a matter of seconds. As for reports, I've being putting some good time in this year , for just a feed so it was good to have a day of real action from wo to go.

Silent- thanks mate, my bro in law took all the shots, hes a natural ;D

Cheers Ben

isaac
23-04-2006, 04:42 PM
oops, forgot to add the other shot

kingcobe
23-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Toppie [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]. In the last photo is that a dolphin or a shark.

Jay Jay

isaac
24-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Jay Jay, its the same shark but from behind. There were plenty of dolphins there though and this mother and calf had a game with one of the spots we caught, the spot hit overdrive outrunning it, only to run into the boat. ;D Ben

TIM-DONSELAAR
24-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Well Done fellas...good haul of spotties #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim #:D