PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Interclub

Smithy
26-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Been waiting for something from Jeremy then I was going to add to it.

Fished in the Brisbane Sportfishing Club Interclub the other weekend. Headed out Friday night up Noosa way into a small northerly and didn't come home till in the midst of the glass out that was Sunday morning.

2nd fish to Clint on a little patch we were on in 27m was a 57cm Red Emporer which was a good start on 4kg line. We fished 2kg and 4kg line all night for a succession of Snapper, Sweetlip, Red Emporer, Nannygai and bustoffs. Anything legal went into the esky and we tagged the others. The Yakkas were thick as were the Sharks at time.

Next morning we Tuna chased for a bit with a few fish coming on 4kg to set the ball rolling before tagging few Mack Tuna on 2kg line. The odd Longtail pod was just off the Macks. We had a quick troll on Sunshine Reef with liveys for 1 bustoff on 6kg. After this we headed out to 58m of water. First drop to me was a Gold Spot Cod of 3kg or so on 6kg line and a slug ripped off the bottom. After two reanchors we got on the spot and we got into the Cale Cale Trevally. These were on 4kg then we upgraded them to 2-3kg ones on 2kg line. About then Russ got his 6kg Snapper in the picture on a slug ripped off the bottom on 2kg mono line. A good effort. He then got a snodger Trevally as well. We left them biting to try for a new species. Tried a couple of spots on the way back to Sunshine Reef where the Tuna were working in the sloppy northerly. I got a 7-8kg or so Yellowfin Tuna on a popper trying for Longtails and even though the Longies were there we could only pull Macks.

A quick troll on Sunshine with liveys as the sun went dow resulted in one lost fish on 4kg. Anchored for the night for more of the same then went Tuna chasing this morning. An 8kg or so Longtail on 4kg was the highlight which had Clint tied up for 40 minutes or so. A few more Macks then into the bay to tidy up before the weigh in at Bribie.

In the end the three of us won champion club for Kingaroy, Russ won Angler and Clint won offshore tagging with 23 fish. Good to get the Signature out for the first time since November. Autopilot is now working on it which will be good for future Rainbow Beach trips. No current off Rainbow this weekend. Mates bagged out on Pearlies up there in 110m.

Pics will follow.

Smithy
26-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Snapper. #Would have been Qld Div 2 ANSA record I think. Plenty of the Cale Cale Trevally were for Div 1 and 2 records now we have looked at the book and the Red on 4kg probably was although Darryl L got one the other day on 4. Some Qld Records, some Australian ones.

Smithy
26-04-2006, 05:52 PM
The Bass gear on the Snapper.

Smithy
26-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Red and Snap.

Smithy
26-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Hard won Longy on 4.

kingcobe
26-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Nice fish

Chris_Riethmuller
26-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Smithy,
thats great going on light line mate, you guys must be very patient.
rgds Chris

Jeremy
27-04-2006, 07:53 AM
I wasn't going to post a report seeing as how I didn't do so good and you guys won our comp, actually I had forgotten all about it. I'll post what I have written for the club newsletter.....

It was very pleasing to receive 37 nominations for our comp, despite an average forecast and clashes with several other events. This included 2 senior females and 4 junior/sub-juniors which was good to see. Nominations were received from Kingaroy, Bundaberg, Ipswich, and Brisbane. The weather on the Saturday was clear with winds varying up and down throughout the day from 10-20 knots and a bit lighter on the Sunday. We were able to fit everyone in the scouts hall who wanted to stay, although there were fewer beds and the mattresses smaller than what I had remembered. We were also able to fit all the cars/boats in the yard, even for the weigh in and presentation on the Sunday, which was a nice surprise.

There were several outstanding captures weighed in. For Brisbane the 2.1 kg GT on 1 kg taken by Steve Gregory (chased around for 45 minutes with Rob McMillan driving) and Roy Lane’s 12.5 kg kingfish on 8 kg standout. There were also several impressive trevally, a 5.2 kg snapper and a good red taken jigging lures on light lines on a wreck by the Kingaroy boys. Overall there were 31 fish species caught, with 49 fish weighed and 98 fish tagged. There were eight new club records set, and two National records submitted (and quite a few other not claimed due to a lack of measurements being taken).

It must be quite a few years (more than the 5 years or so I have been fishing the interclub) since we have been upstaged at our own comp. Kingaroy was the champion club this year with all three members fishing in the offshore category capturing their five fish, including some impressive fish on 2 kg line.

A big thanks to all our sponsors who donated products for us to give away during the comp. These are Alvey Reels Australia, Bush 'Beach Fishing Newspaper, Castrol Australia, Caltex, Century Yuasa Batteries, Hawkins Road Transport, Northside Marine, Master Baiter Tackle, Mossop's, Springwood Marine, Dan McGrath’s Attack lures, Aust. Monofil (Platypus Nylon Fishing Lines), Queensland Fishing Monthly, Tackle Warehouse, Ecogear, Water Tower Bait & Tackle, River City Marine, Wynnum Marine, Reelax and Tassie Devil Lures. Please support these companies to the maximum extent possible, and it is equally important is to let them know you are a member of our club when you do. This will let them know that we are supporting them and this may also entitle you to a further discount off their marked price.

I would also like to thank everyone on the committee for their work both in the lead up and during the event to make it the success it was. Thanks also to a few non-committee members who also helped out at times. The food was good and there was plenty of it.

Everyone who entered the comp received very good value for their $25 nomination cost, including a spool of Platypus pretest of their choice, a QFM annual magazine and a lure or similar item in their ‘grab bag’. We also included some promotional literature from our sponsors. In addition, everyone who did not win a prize for a fishing category was called up at random to select a prize of up to $100 value from the table. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and comes back again next year with a couple of friends.

Jeremy

Samand
27-04-2006, 08:30 AM
looks like you had great condition out there buddy, and the fish just made it even better!!!

Slient
27-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Gee... What a ultimate sport fishing with very thin lines

Well done mate... 8-)

Jeremy hopes you'll get better next time ;D

Cheers
Silent