PDA

View Full Version : Goldy Spots and Doggies !

rakinray
30-04-2006, 04:23 PM
G/ day all, after much will i or wont i myself and my brother Steve headed out the seaway around 6.30am hoping that the predicted 20knt n/w didnt get up to early. Got to the area we were targeting and found lots of birds diving on small macks and a few spotties mixed in, threw all but the sink at em >:( with only a couple of near misses, with the bin still empty we decided to drop a few pillies and skirts out and see if that might pull a few. Almost straight away we had action and it wasnt long before the first o/s spottie hit the deck and things were lookin up. The next hook up had my brother bending his back big time with something very big and very fast (HOO or BLUE ) id say manged to get him within eye sight and one last run seen him win the battle with my brothers lure still hangin from his gob ! Picked up another two o/s spotties and three 60cm doggies over the next two hours, and dropped at least another six macks in that time (they must have had there teeth sharpened ) ive never lost so much gear to spotties before. All in all a top morning to be on the big blue sea, the spotties went almost 85cm and a rough guess were 4 kilo.

CHEERS RAY PS bumped into Rhys (Flaming Riptide) in the seaway always nice to catch up with another ausfish maniac cheers Rhys. Pics to follow. Brother with first spottie !

rakinray
30-04-2006, 04:24 PM
BOMS 20 knt n/wester !

rakinray
30-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Me and one of the spotties.

rakinray
30-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Total catch for the morning !

obsession
30-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Well done Stiff and Razz looking forward to nice feed of macks,and what great looking conditions ::)

# # #tezza

webby
30-04-2006, 05:53 PM
So thats where you blokes where hiding, nice spots mate, probably the last for the season.
Time to start our winter campaign around mud and so on ;)
regards

kingcobe
30-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Awesome macks.

Daniel_Trenfield
30-04-2006, 08:20 PM
You made a good call. The weather report spooked me. Even seabreeze.com.au gotit wrong.

TIM-DONSELAAR
30-04-2006, 11:21 PM
nice mackerel there Ray and Steve...Well Done ;) #

cheers tim #:)

rakinray
01-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone, no we wernt hidin Brian i just didnt have to look after the woman all week end ! ::) Bring on the SNAPPER mate ! I just couldnt believe how wrong they got the forecast it was just a hunch and sometimes it works sometimes it dont !

CHEERS RAY :)PS one more pic of the teribble conditions !

Cloud_9
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
yep they got it wrong big time but they did last weekend aswell.
i went saturday cos it was the best predicted day and the tuna didn't want to play the game.
see what next weekend holds?
Cheers Cloud 9

Lucky_Phill
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Nice one Uncle Ray---------><> ><> ><> ;)

I had the same effect in my neck of the woods today. Predicted 15-20, so i went Land based at dawn. got the poops at 6am cause there was no seas or breeze. Went home got boat and went out for a nice feed of Schoolies.

CHeers Phill