PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island Fishing comp 2006

DanMacX2
28-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Guys, I am a newby to this site and also to offshore fishing, am wondering if anyone has fished in the classic, and what kind of fish they have caught, (photo's please) I am relly excited about this event, and would like some info on the best places where I can get some Decent livies (never been to fraser before and would like to give it my best shot) so any help would be greatly appreciated, pls feel free to PM me if you know some spots but do not want to advertise the locations.

Again thankyou guys, this site is the bomb and i must tell you extremely inspiring to the novice like myself.

till then tight lines and lightning runs ;D.

darrmun
28-04-2006, 04:56 PM
gi'day , i've been to a few of them & whilst the fishing wasn't that great ( for me anyway ) i had an absolute ball
are you taking a boat ?
will see you there !!!!!! i can't wait

Poodroo
29-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey there DanMacX2, I try to do the Fraser thing once a year around August and generally the fishing is hot and cold due to the weather. Last year was fantastic fishing and there were large fish of a variety of species being caught including Tailor, flathead, whiting, bream etc. Generally we traveled in our 4wd's along the beach looking for gutters in the surf without being over-populated with fishermen. If you see a nice gutter and lots of fishermen there then odds are the fish are on the chew and if you can find a spot in amongst them then go for it. The variety of fish depends on the bait. Tailor love there WA Pilchards, the dart go for beach worms and pillies, whiting on beach worms etc. Good luck, it is a great place to go and visit.

Poodroo

DanMacX2
02-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi Guys, we are taking a boat with us. Just need to make sure the weather remains great so we can get out and back saftely. But thankyou atleast if the weather is not good we can still have fun all the same along the beaches, I can tell you this much.... I AM FULLY PUMPED. Bring on the fish and get rid of bad weather.