PDA

View Full Version : wire fence

wayne_cook
05-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Left last friday tor a short trip to the old wire fence area.
Around midnight the first problem happened trailer wheel bearing,luckily a spare hub was in the kit so it wasn,t to bad.Sat. mourning kick off before daybreak all eager to get started and cruising down to the ramp the boat lifts off the trailer straight through the 80 series back window just great. Not to many fish caught but encouraging with a couple of snip offs.
Sunday similar fish results but when driving off the beach noticed a noise at the rear of vehicle upon inspection found only one stud left on the drivers side rear wheel, what next.
Day 3 weather was good again this time managed a total of 7 spots from 6-7 kilo and my young blokes first spanish 16 kg. A fine effort on 12lb string and a 400 calcutta.
Day 4 2 more spots and few by catch reds up to 4.6 kg.
Day 5 no fish to speak of but bad luck was still there the young bloke went to drive to the shop and smoke started to rise from the bonnet the starter motor shorted out and melted the battery terminals and main wireing I was looking for a dead chinaman he had to be somewhere.
Last day no macks but got a few trag that night. Spent the rest of hols repairing car.
Happy to say made it home with no more mishaps.
Cheers Bear

wayne_cook
05-05-2006, 05:37 PM
one of the spots

wayne_cook
05-05-2006, 05:38 PM
barry at length

wayne_cook
05-05-2006, 05:39 PM
broken studs

wayne_cook
05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
best red

wayne_cook
05-05-2006, 05:46 PM
cleaned trag

Birdy
06-05-2006, 09:09 AM
brrbear,

There are not too many people that know that location as Wire Fence in the big world ,the more common name is getting to be pretty well known these days.
I grew up putting fish over those cleaing blocks behind you.You have to watch that opproach to beach mate,never take any chains off her till you get down there.I allways used to drop onto the beach at the shop and run along the beach to the bay,i think my father still does the same.
Some of the best rocks i have ever seen are off that beach......I still have most of them in my GPS and i'll get back there to fish em soon.

Awesome area down there.....miss it.

Birdy.

FOOCKCHUCKER
06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
very nice spot down that way have got some good spaniards and reds and have also spun some good jew close bye. by the look of the white water in the first shot sharky left handers would have a few barrels and even if you do not surf can be a good laugh watching inexperienced guys get slammed as you fish for big blues in cungey cove. bad luck about the mechanics but you did pretty well there boys loverlt spot.

mattooty
06-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Lovely fish. was down there 2 weeks back but didnt go offshore. Just spun for tailor. Heading down again this w.e, great to see theres still some fish there. Would love to tag along next time you're going down
Matt

agnes_jack
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Nice one brrrrBear
Looks like a beautiful spot
Lucky not to lose that wheel mate ;D

Regards, Tony

liltuffy
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Where is the wire fence, looks a bit like Woody Heads/Iluka way in northern NSW??, never heard of it

revs57
06-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi liltuffy..If we tell you we have to kill you!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

It is one of the last best kept secrets around...

Got to agree Brrrbear...one of the nicest areas I know - we holiday there every year....and as you've experienced there are good fish there too...

Reading your story helps keep the dream alive.

I had a 60 series once that sheared all the studs in the drivers side rear...never did find out why 'cruisers do that. At least you got some nice fish to offset the difficulties

Cheers

Rhys

wayne_cook
06-05-2006, 08:35 PM
yea birdy it is a awesome area just gotta watch those high tides they can be a pain.
Matt I try to get back in sept for a few reds might be able to catch up somewhere then.
Foo the only surfin I do these days is in the boat ;D
For sure Rhys some spots have to be kept close to the heart carn't believe how popular it has become

Smailesy
06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
how big is the spotty iv got them around that size at kaos evens head 6kg but that isnt evens head

wayne_cook
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
probably about 6kg ;)

TIM-DONSELAAR
06-05-2006, 10:55 PM
nice catch there fellas...Well Done #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

with all that bad luck your lucky your boat didn't sink #;D ;D

cheers tim #;)