PDA

View Full Version : banks fri/sat

Clint06
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Had a lot of work to do this weekend but after looking at seabreeze friday afternoon thought bugger it - hooked the boat up and headed to mooloolaba. Loaded up on yakkas at the kawana shark nets before a comfortable ride out to the southern banks. Took a few hours of moving around until we found the fish but we were set by midnight with fish coming aboard regularly. Caught heaps of good sized moses perch, a few squire, hussar, pearlies, gold spot wrasse a few unstoppables and heaps of #35-45cm red emperor.
The highlight was about 4am when a school of cobia came through and we had what we thought was a double hookup, as we pulled them in they managed get caught up in all four lines we had out. We netted the two in a mess of lines and hooks and then spent the next five minutes trying to sort the mess out only to realise that there was still a fish on my line, #and then further realised i had already cut the line above the tangle to sort out the mess the other two had created - in short i had a five minute battle handlining a metre long cobia on light mono - great fun, with lots of cheers (and a few more beers) once i got him to the boat.
Saturday moring was a little quiet with mostly undersized fish and iodine bream coming aboard, cruised home about 9am in perfect conditions.

gawby
07-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Clint 06
Looks like you had a ball like us.
Good work fellas.
Graeme

indy
07-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Nice cobe's guy's sounds like you had a ball

Big_Ren
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Well done mate. Top cobes. The chores can wait I'm sure you made the right decision.

Cheers
Paul

kingcobe
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Nice cobes and awesome pics

Jay Jay

TIM-DONSELAAR
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
nice cobia there fellas...Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim :D