PDA

View Full Version : Macks- Coran Sth Stradie

pegasus
07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
A quick heads up- went out the Seaway headed north to the Coran area for the first time- had the pleasure of meeting fellow ausfisher Cloud 9 at the ramp and also at the above. Weather conditions very good.

They seemed to come on at different times but at times they where thick- Mack highway- various sizes- :P. About a dozen or so boats - mix of lure tossers,fly and bait and everyone got along very well - it was good to see.

Long story short 4 fat spotties up to 90cm approx and 5 schoolies , left em biting. Sorry guys no photos -on a borrowed computer.

cheers lew

Nelster
07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
ur back early ... what time where they on? we went out that way yesterday didn't see any boats or macks.

Cloud_9
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
gaday Lew good to meet ya.
yes the fishies where everywhere.
from what i can gather they didn't come on till a bit later in the morning
i passed through at 6am and the bait fish were everywhere.
the fish where absent.
moved to pin bar area and get 30 od Mack tuna.
moved back to Curran Cove area about 9 ish. and had a ball.
lost about 8-10 slugs to sharp teeth and had the potential to bag out on spots and schoolies.
caught in excess of 30 mackeral from 51cm schoolies to spotties that just went legal.
had a spanish take 100m line before biting me off.
think the key to the bigger fish was a bigger slug, lew was useing a bigger 60 od gram raider and i was useing a 40 gram veriety
I kept 10 schoolies and 3 spotties.
i ended up useing wire on my slug as it was the last 1 in the boat and i couldn't affort to loose it.
the end reasult of that 1 very chewed lure.
i didn't get any shots from the water ( i was too busy)
but things out there were as perfect as you could get for a weekend.
people where skiing just south of Curran Cove on the outside.
heres a few pics from home.

Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
the cat with his cut. :)

pegasus
07-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Nelster,

Hi, I went out saturday - they there seemed to be two groups of boats- 1 -at 50 - 60 feet and one in closer- I noticed that the closer group seemed to be getting larger and it was a quiet where I was- so went for a troll with the rigger down and two liveys. As I came in closer was bitten off on both rigs- using wire so probably hit the swivels - grrrrrrr- even the black ones are not spared at times. That was around mid .am 9- 1000. You could actually see the macks everywhere under the boat-awesome. They seemed to go quiet after awhile and went for another troll but came back around mid day- still boats successful but they seemed more concentrated- slug casting seemed to be the go.

Cloud nine

Hi-it was a pleasure to me you. Yep great day- likewise found it quiet in the early part of the a.m. Found it a buzz with the slugs -so many follows. Certainly some nice fish amongst them.

I thought I had my bag of spotties but was 1 short and was releasing the spotties later -just keeping the schoolies but all good fun. Most fish I got on the bigger slug( 60 -85gm- tape 1/2 one to reduce profile size- not sure if that made any diff) where well over size. Left shortly after you- trolled some speed bibbed lures back to the seaway- no hits. Great day.

good fishing

best regards,

lew

pegasus
07-05-2006, 03:02 PM
ps

that looks one very contented cat :)

Nelster
07-05-2006, 07:13 PM
where were all the boats we trolled out to curan on sat. and didn't see any boats ... where u near the water tower or alot farther north .. also what depth .. how far off shore.. ? its starting to piss me off every time i goto palm beach there not on and on somewhere else then i'm out there and i find out there on at palmy.. any info would be great .. also if anyone is going out during the week .. i'd love to meet up or something .. all depends on the weather though i have a quintex hornet .. or on mates boat sometimes

Nelster
07-05-2006, 07:55 PM
nelster@iinet.net.au
thx

Daniel_Trenfield
07-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Pegasus,

Which date was this trip??

Dan.

pegasus
08-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Saturday 6 May- Mr Wong informs he went down yesterday -large increase in the boats- police and fisheries putting in checks on the water and back at the ramps(fisheries). 7 spotties.

cheers
lew

pegasus
08-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Nelster,

have sent you a pm