PDA

View Full Version : GAWBY II BLOODED AT THE BANKS

gawby
07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Go Gawby II Go. :)
On board were myself, Brett (brejen) and Terry (maztez)
As said by the others we met at the shell nudge at 2400hrs and set sail for m/bar ramp.
On the water about 0200 and out we go.
Steady as she goes in the dark. About 25 to 30 k/hr
A friendly A/F friend of mine gave me a starting mark and thanks very much for that. ;) From there we just moved around over new ground.
Things were a bit slow to start and in the dark being a bit anxious i could feel the carrots and peas coming thinking there would be a burley trail before we got fish. [smiley=sick2.gif]
We started to catch a few throw backs and this got my mind of the seasick side of things and then it just got better.
Things were going good bagging a couple of fish and then [smiley=furious2.gif] give me the net quick where is it and all to late $600-00 worth of glasses to the bottom of the ocean. >:(
Thanks to terry all the fuzzines disappeared with the use of his specs.
If anyone pulls in a big nobby with glasses on give me a call. ;D ;D ;D ;D
We moved around a bit through the day and had a ball in the best offshore conditions anyone could want.
About 1430hs we headed back to shore more than happy with the days fishing and i was more than happy with the way Gawby II performed. Tery with his bad back and everything dosnt travel well in the rough conditions but had a good ride and was happy.
We ended up with 5 squire, 2 snapper, 3 moses perch, 10 perlies
GAWBY II ran pretty ok with fuel on new motor about 120 kilometers on 58 litres of fuel. :)
Also met up with mate from work, Dale and his deckies in their kevlacat and they scored pretty well with, bag out on snappa best 7.8kgs, amberjack 20kgs and cobia 14 kgs. Well done boys and see yas there again.
Brett will add anything ive missed and pics will come later as camera is not working for some reason.
Graeme :D

Brejen
07-05-2006, 12:54 PM
ONya GAWBY II.

New bloody boats jeez they take some cleaning.

post some pics later.

Brett

skippa
07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
ONya GAWBY II.

New bloody boats jeez they take some cleaning.

post some pics later.

Brett

Yeah the Southwind takes abit of time to clean her up again ..... but I know you don't worry with your old haines .... ::) ::) ;D ;D

maztez
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey Skippa wots this dont worry about the old HAINES bit >:( >:( Ill have you know we spend more time cleaning blood etc from the mistress than you wood have to with the "show boat " cause we catch more ;D ;D
cheers Terry

maztez
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
ps thanks Gawby for the trip must say the old back handled the conditions rather well no doubt thanks to the skill of the captain of the GAWBY 11. I look forward to many more ;D ;D
cheers Terry

indy
07-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Sounds like the new boat has been blooded very nicely...

Big_Ren
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Good onya Graeme. Congrats on Gawby II's debut at the Banks. You might become a Banks convert if you keep scoring good feeds like that ;)

Well done and cheers
Paul

Darryl
07-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Well done Gawb and thanks for your usual abuse and teeth remarks mate ;D ;D Made my day/night.
Great fishing platform and it certainly looks the part too mate.

Sorry about your glasses mate and if i catch the nobby wearing them i will be glad to sell them back to you for a small fee. ;D ;D

Brett you make a bloody good chief mate, for us indians, good on you champ.

All the best.

Darryl.

Brejen
07-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks Darryl appreciate it mate.

What abloody ripper of a day out there hey.

As said in some other posts seemed like there was 1000's out there, and 2/3's of them were AF members.

Only thing to add was we also got some parrot as well; but had forgot them till today when we started to fillet the fish.

Have to say good onya Dad- Maztez- who got the bigger squirey/snapps on the GAWBY II.

Thanks to Greame for the trip had a ball and loved the new boat.

And good stuff to the BANKS virgins Skippa, Dazza good on ya boys great to see you got into em as well.

Brett

not many pics as the camera wasnt working. got some funny video tho

gawby
07-05-2006, 10:25 PM
That looks like my grandson. how did he get in on the action ;D ;D
Poppy graeme

Brejen
07-05-2006, 10:25 PM
couple of the pearlies.

My young bloke Adam or usual deckie wasnt allowed to the banks, so he wanted to get his pic taken holding the fish.

maztez
08-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Good onya Adam for showing poppy terrys bigger fish ;D ;D now everyone will want me to decky for em to show how to catch em ::) ::) [smiley=cowboy.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
cheers Terry