PDA

View Full Version : THE BANKS.

caloundra
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
with hoga offering a couple of spots both Ross and I jumped at the chance. we left m'bar around 1pm and headed for the banks. we drifted a couple of spots with plans to anchor up on the best spot before sunset,
all went well a couple of maori cod, job fish and a parrot soon hit the deck, then the snapper started working the way up the burley trail and for the next couple of hours we landed around 20 snapper and about 6 or so perlies then brian got excited when he landed a nice red .then thing slowed down for the night.but Ross kept catching trevally keeping them away from Brian and my baits
sunday morning started of a little slower but with the esky full and great conditiond who cares. a few more snapper were caught and releases some over the 3kg mark.
brian called plan b as we had reached our limit of snapper and as the last rod was brought up a school of dollies followed the bait up. So we all droped our baits over again and soon we had 2 in the boat.
But as brian was taking the hook out of the leaping dollie it jumped and planted one of the ganged hooks straight into the top of his hand :o.(sorry no pic's)
We all jumped on the fish and reached for the plyers to get it out #and all I could hear was the sound of my baitrunner screaming with my first dollie on it getting away.
we then headed for some shallow grounds but with little success and back to the ramp by around 9-9.30am

thanks for a great day hoga & Ross

Daniel

ross with a couple of snapper

caloundra
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
me

caloundra
07-05-2006, 04:12 PM
sorry...
the only picture of brian showing of the catch ::)

caloundra
07-05-2006, 05:41 PM
by the way
when cleaning one of the snapper's, its guts were full of a brown muddy ??? :-?liquid and smelt alittle like amonia and was quite strong and the fillets had that same smell so played it safe and feed it to the pelicans

has anyone ever experianced anything like this??

Daniel

Benno
07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Nope not me mate.. sounds a bit off putting doesn't it.. Great haul though, well done.

Ben

reef_king
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
nice fish mate ;D what end of the banks where ya fishing?

outsiderskip
07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
hi daniel
it was great conditions out there
brian must be a bit shy too ugly for photos

cheers pete

gawby
07-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Well done to you, Daniel and your crew as well.
It was a top day out there yesterday and we enjoyed it as well. ;)
Strange one that bum fish ;D
Graeme

-spiro-
07-05-2006, 06:59 PM
well done Brian and Dan top feed put together there. 8-)

Tunzafun
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey Dan,

I had the same problem with one of the Snapper and one of the pearlies. #I also played it safe. Great day mate and good post. #I noticed you didn't mention your good nights sleep :).

Ross

Big_Ren
07-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Good stuff Daniel. Got yourselves a beaut feed. I see Hoga is putting on a brave face for the camera again ;D

Cheers and catch up soon mate.
Paul

SeaSaw
07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Well done Daniel and all. I looks like the 'curse of caloundra' isn't true after all ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Mark

caloundra
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Tunzafun - yes brian does have a cumfy bed and that gental rocking motion... I could have slept in till noon [smiley=sleeping.gif] I was just waiting till you got all the trevor's out of the way

SeaSaw - the 'curse of caloundra' is just rumours and speculation started by a washed up old fisho. aint that right WESTIE ;D

hoga - how's the hand mate

TIM-DONSELAAR
07-05-2006, 10:14 PM
nice mixed bag there guys...Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim :)

hoga
08-05-2006, 08:53 PM
TOP NIGHT WITH 2 GREAT GUYS THE HAND IS HEALING GOOD MUST GET A BETTER PAIR OF SIDECUTTERS FOR SURGREY WORK THE BROWN STUFF IN THE GUTS WAS PROBERLY YOUR SECRET BURLY