PDA

View Full Version : yeah the banks sat

swano
07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
the flamin riptide with rhys,mark,mick and myself was on water by 3.30am sat cruzed out to the north end of banks at 45k per hr .looked like the car park at suncorp on friday night out there with no less than fifty thousand boats doin the same thing.
first lot of berley out saw a few cobes at the boat but not keen on hooked bait . the bite was slow most of the day with only a few moments of mayhem in between . mick scored the first knobbie around 4-5kg only to be trumped by yours trully minutes later with a 73cm 5.5kg model . dropped a few good fish and i think all 4 of us got bitten or rubbed off by at least one or two gooduns during the day . few pearlies , parrot and i managed a sampson on a gulp that went like the clappers.

swano
07-05-2006, 10:24 AM
.some of the snapper had marks on one side of them not from sharks or ajs but from what we suspect was a bill swipe on the way up as the fight was interupted by several uncharacteristic (sp) jolts to the rod . has any one else encountered this :-?

2DKnBJ
07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Swano

Couldn't have picked a better day for it.We were one of the fifty thousand.

As we were getting ready to leave we saw a small marlin about 1.5 m long free jumping .

Cheers Dazza

swano
07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Swano

Couldn't have picked a better day for it.We were one of the fifty thousand.

As we were getting ready to leave we saw a small marlin about 1.5 m long free jumping .

Cheers Dazza

it was a friggin pearler of a day dazza ;) we had marlin of about 6-7feet chase a parrot to the boat as well :o

gawby
07-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Swano
Smiles on the faces says it all.
It was pretty slow but a few good fish count.
Graeme

revs57
09-05-2006, 02:53 AM
It was a good day Swano,

There were a couple of nice snapps to be had...glad the lads got onto a couple but we won't mention who dropped the most fish...just as well the boat tax rules let the skipper off hey ;) sure was like King George Square parking lot out there...but as others have said it was a ripper of a day...I don't think it gets much better than that

Thanks for the report and pics...certainly helps to keep the dream alive for next time
cheers

Rhys

outsiderskip
09-05-2006, 05:55 AM
hi swano
conditions were great there
we were part of queen street to
good to see a few fish on board
good chewing

cheers pete