PDA

View Full Version : Skippa's First Banks session

skippa
06-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Finally,

everything worked out right, weather, work and fishing companions all alined, which saw me do my first banks session today.

Acompanied by Darryl (crestcutter) as my faithful deckie we met up with Brett (brejen) Graeme (Gawby) and Terry (maztez) all in Gawby 11, Graeme's new Yalta. Darren (2DKnB) his deckie Chris(sharkbait) also met up with us at the servo. Be there at 12.00am I was told, but Brett who was late ... Anyhoo its funny who you run into waiting at servos at midnite on a Friday nite eh Craigie, hope you had a good trip mate ... youn forgot to bring the crab sangas tho .. #::)

After a quick chat with JB at M/bar ramp we where heading out to the 'first mark' to get us in the general area, supplied by one of my AF friends. It certainly wasn't a spot x, with more boats out there than cars in a Woolies car park, but very much appreciated all the same.

After daylight the Lowrance 107 and 3500 where working over time as I sounded around for grounds to fish today, while others I left for later inspection on my next banks trip. One particular spot was working fine with fish bought boatside on every drop, untill a coupla dolphins arrived and wouldn't leave us alone. They even swam with us and rode our bow wave as we move to another spot, great if the kids where there, but this was suposed to be a serious fishing day. # :-?

The weather conditions we had to endure where terrible #::) ;D We where able to fish many locations, which was great as I took the opportunity to explore a large area of the banks for the first time.

Most fish caught where snapper and Pearlies (bagged out) while the rest of the esky was filled with mixed reef fish. Tally for SS Southwind was 4 snapper, best going 60cms, 10 Pearlies and some assorted mixed reefies. Snapper and Pearlie my PB #:)
Northern end of banks saw a huge Hammerhead, actually nearly ran over him ... #:o

It was a great day where mother nature looked kindly on me ( for once) not forgetting the great company too .. Thanks Darryl, Brett Greame, Terry Darren and Chris.

Some quick pics...

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

skippa
06-05-2006, 10:00 PM
some snaps, maybe not huge but good for me ...

skippa
06-05-2006, 10:02 PM
esky shot

skippa
06-05-2006, 10:05 PM
PB Pearlie

longtail
06-05-2006, 10:06 PM
good onyas skippa ;) ;D

nice looking pearlies tony :D

how much fuel did ya use ?

jason

skippa
06-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Darryl with a coupla snaps

skippa
06-05-2006, 10:11 PM
coupla nice Pearlies too ...

skippa
06-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Jase,

I used 75lts for 74 miles and I think Graeme used 59 lts for 71 miles, not sure how Darren went.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

longtail
06-05-2006, 10:31 PM
didn't need those jerrys afterall

good to know for when i eventually get my first trip up there

jason

TIM-DONSELAAR
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
nice haul there skippa and Crestcutter...Well Done #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim #:)

reef_king
06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
great catch mate ;) ;D good to see ya catch some good fish

Big_Ren
06-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Heard you on the radio tagging Gawby II. Sounded like you had a top day and the pics prove it. Well done Tony.

Cheers
Paul ;)

kiljora
07-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Well Done Skippa,

Congrats on your PB Pearlies. Beautiful fish.

Cheers Tony

agnes_jack
07-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Nice one Skippa!!
Good to see ya get into some good eating fish mate!!
Well done.

Regards, Tony

outsiderskip
07-05-2006, 08:47 AM
hi tony
now u have joined the banks club
good to see a few fish on board
conditions were great out there
we were out there till midnight too

cheers pete

Darryl
07-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Yeppers lots of laughs were had and smiles on both our dials. Started off real slow then picked up a tad by 8 am ,then everything shut shop.Just as we made the call to head for home the pearlies started hitting the deck then Skippa's pb snappa. Excellent conditions too, seriously considered staying out another night.

Thanks again for the invite Tony, i had a blast.

Darryl

elephrez1
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
nice catch pearl city

JB
07-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Great catch boys, certainly was a day of days out there. Great to finally meet Darryl,Brett (brejen), Graeme (Gawby) and Urself Tony. Thanks for the helpful info , sorry i never got to catch up with yas during the day but we were too busy catching fish! ;) . Im hooked now, cant wait to do it all again :) .

Jas

Brejen
07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Good stuff Tony and Darryl.

Great to meet up with everyone and finally meet a few new members Chris. JB and Craigie.

What a day alright, had a ball. The GAWBY II was just great to fish outta thats for sure.

JB great to see u got onto some mate, where did u boyz end up.

Gawby and i have just finished cleanin everything and we'll get our post up shortly.

Brett

Who's gunna back it all up again next weekend ::) ::) ::)

Tony u dont think ur mate would give u his spot X's would u ;D. Darryl glad u didnt give him the Cresttybrejen reef marks ;D :P.

gawby
07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Tony and cresty,
Yep good day with everyone. had a real goof time and we caught some good fish.
;) ;) ;D ;D 8-) 8-)
Graeme

Dave
07-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Well done fellas. Do you think the banks might be the regular haunt from now on? ::) Top feed from a top day.

Dave

skippa
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the cheers guys, love it when a plan comes together. #;)

Thats the difference from a 'boating day' to a fishing day .. ;D
Definately will add the banks to our offshore fishing destinations, so we'll be doing them again.

Tony u dont think ur mate would give u his spot X's would u ;D. Darryl glad u didnt give him the Cresttybrejen reef marks ;D :P.

Brett,

My mate said it was 'a good spot' #;) and by the way Darryl did #have a quick nap .. did u know he talks in his sleep.. his speciality is recalling numbers #;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Darryl
08-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Those are gps marks that im recalling Skippa :o Christ i gotta stop doing that. Dont i look the part in that pic, bloody cross eyed from lack of sleep. ;D

nuffy
08-05-2006, 05:57 PM
top catch guys sounds like you had loads of fun

skippa
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Those are gps marks that im recalling Skippa :o Christ i gotta stop doing that. Dont i look the part in that pic, bloody cross eyed from lack of sleep. ;D

Yer darryl, and I punched one of those sets of numbers but it took me half way to #Sunnybank #:o ;D

Mate that was the best pic I have, you shoulda seen the other ones #;D
That'll teach ya not to sleep for a day .... or two #;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

PS yeah Nuffy we sure had some fun this time .. #;)

longtail
08-05-2006, 08:23 PM
some great fish there tony and darryl #;)

next time you guys go i'm coming too , bugga work #;D

Yer darryl, and I punched one of those sets of numbers but it took me half way to #Sunnybank #

sunnybank #:o :o #err don't think thats the banks you wanna be fishing #;D ;D

helen saw your pics and asked me why i went to work #::) ::)

so i said ' do ya think i wanted to go to work??' #::) ::)

cheers
jason # #
#

revs57
09-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Heard you fellas out there, didn't realise you were all in GawbyII.

Good to see she's getting a work out - a very good blooding

Cheers

Rhys

skippa
09-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Rhys,

Not all in GawbyII, Darryl and I in the faithful Southwind and Greame 's crew in the Gawbs.

Jase,

You know Darryl, he get confused pretty easy eh ... Barwon Banks... Sunnybank
just between you and me I think he's a bit dyslexic .... ::) ;D
We'll let ya know when the next trip is on Jase.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)