PDA

View Full Version : Nth BANKS - a "Spectre" & a "Cyclone"

Spectre
08-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Like many others a trip to the Banks was tooo hard to resist.
Only second trip out for me the "Spectre" & crew so was very grateful for some pointers from helpful Ausfishers. ;)

Capt Craigie & crew followed us out in the Red Thing (aka Cyclone) leaving Mooloolaba approx. 3.00 am Sat.
I think he had the odd hairy moment on the way out in the dark, but the crew were hangin on tight... ;D ;D
Craigie has been hangin to get the Cyclone out to the Banks for yonks....so Sat was the day.

Had a good day in perfect conditions fishing north Banks area for a mixed box of Snaps, Pearlies, Parrot, Maori Cod, Hussar, Rosy Job & Amberjack. Hooked a couple of unstoppables, which tested the lower back muscles ... ;D ;D

Back to M'ba by 3.30 pm. An awesome day....

Anyway a few pics on the catch.

Spectre
08-05-2006, 01:53 PM
"Spectre" trio.....

Spectre
08-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Box of mixed reefies...

Spectre
08-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Craigie & the "Cyclone" at the Banks......

craigie
08-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks "Spectre", was a great day out there, thanks for waiting for me during the early morning run out in the dark.

We didn't set the world on fire with our catch although we still put a mixed "Feed" on ice for the trip. I treated the day more as a test run for the Cyclone. For the record, we used 68 litres of fuel (115 Merc Optimax) to run the 120 odd k's for the round trip. More than happy with that !!!

Thanks again guys for pointing out areas to fish, travelling that far with zero electronics is a gamble that can leave the fish bin empty :-[

Pic of the mighty "Spectre", she's one very solid rig, set up very well for offshore fishing. Powers away from my little toy when the going gets tough ;)

Cheers
Craigie.

craigie
08-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Tim with 3.5kg's of Southern Hards Snapper !!!

TIM-DONSELAAR
09-05-2006, 02:03 AM
nice mixed bag there guys...Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim ;)

skippa
09-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Glad ya got out there Craigie,

did well with no electronics to put some fish in the box, great effort there mate. The Cyclone's a nice looking rig and the Merc did ok in the fuel stakes too, gotta be happy with that.

BTW, how did the crab sangas go ....... #::) ;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

-spiro-
09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
A nice feed there and lots of colour. Those cod look the goods

Spectre
09-05-2006, 12:52 PM
G'day Chris

Mate ..yeh put a feed together, a bit slow going at times. But was real happy with the results.
Thanks for giving us a few pointers on fishing that country....will take a few trips no doubt to get the hang of it.

Heard u on 21 coming out & tried giving u a call, but couldn't raise u. We were back at the ramp by about 4..pm
How did u go ..??
Will to catch up next time.

Cheers
Phil