PDA

View Full Version : SP Fishing Advice

DanMacX2
08-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi Guys, went to BCF on friday and was very very confused by all the SP's on display. Has anyone got any advice on what SP's I should Take offshore at Fraser (never used SP's B4) I would like to target Snappa red emperor and Mackerel and Tuna. If you recomend something other than Sp's then what? and also what sizes and colours/ brands should I get, any help would be great.

outeredge
09-05-2006, 10:10 PM
hey dan
i haven't officially fished offshore of fraser but i reckon they would be dynamite. I use heaps of 4 inch gulps on snapper and kingies on the sunny coast. Colours white and chartreuce are good. We also use 5 inch power baits. Try a range of jigheads from half an ounce to 1 1/2 . it depends on water depth so stay as light as you can get to the bottom. Buy the heavy gauge TT hooks. give it a crack mate it's fun leave the pillies in the freezer

DanMacX2
10-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, thankyou mate, thanks alot indeed. Glad to hear you have had success with kingies and snappa, thanks for the advice it is greatly appreciated. I am thinking about getting a sp pack with DVD like the berkley 1 for 29.95, comes with 2 x dvd's at the moment, have you seen these DVD's and are they worth the watch?

Wish you all the best champ

Daniel