PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies/Brennans Sunday

kingcobe
07-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Today dad took me to a patch of reef he found between flinders and hutchies. On my first drop I got a moses perch followed by 2 others then dad got spiked (again) ;D by a Happy Moment so he was out of action for an hour.

My brother and I were getting plagued by leatherjackets so we moved to brennans and I caught my best ever tarwhine-the one at the front of the pic which was 32cms. Dad never got to wet a line as he was kept busy unhooking parrotfish and lots of fish that looked a bit like happy moments but without the spots. We caught lots of parrot going 35cms but dad doesn't normally keep anything under 40cms as he can't be bothered filleting them. I convinced him to keep the fish in the pics as I will scale them and we can cook them whole on the barbie.

I got 2 big runs that reefed me and it was really hard breaking off as it is the first time that I have used braid.

We caught that many parrot that we kep moving but still got more parrot and ran out of bait and had to come home. We used up over 3 kilo of squid and 2 kilo of pilchards. It was a good job we did as the wind blew up and it was really lumpy on the way home.

Jay Jay

Angla
07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and caught a few fish too. Thats what it's about.

The fish like a happy moment were probably Sweep.

Angla

kingcobe
08-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks Angla, yes I looked them up and I think they were sweep. I didn't have to scale the fish as dad felt sorry for me and so he filleted and skinned them ;D At least we got a feed without having to pick at the bones.

Jay Jay

Figjamm
09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Nice catch.... and a great report Jay Jay :)

Sorry to hear about dad's happy moment :'(

crosso
09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
They shaw are sweep heaps of them round that area at the moment.Bait stealing ba@tards. >:( #They still eat ok if your a southerner #:) :) Well done on your catch.

revs57
09-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Should've come to your place for tea Jay ;D ;D ;D...Hope Dad's spike has healed..they are painful little blighters. Looks ike a good day ahd by all

Bet Mum was pleased with the feed

Cheers

Rhys

kingcobe
10-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks fellas