PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo Friday

Sandman
08-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Headed out early Friday as orginally planned , however in my own boat with my partner Mal.
The plan was to meet Bret ( Bugman) and the crew out around Hutchies and try and catch up for a drink and a bite to eat at Flinders.
Left the ramp at 6am , trolled the trench to Hutchies, no sooner had we hit the 30mtr ledge near Hutchies wham line poors out a large wahoo hit my latest addition pink skirt and he was well and truly hooked. Now leave it to speculation but i believe he cut it with his tail but in the back of my mind i think it was not failure tied that nigh at Bugmans.

Well with disapointment on my face and not a boat yet on Hutchies we kept on going, with a couple of hits but know hook ups.
Mal having her first trip out wide with me was starting to get a little board , so we decided to drop a few lines in the 70mtr mark with some small undersize squire.
Still know boats around we headed onto hutchies for more of a bottom bash which gave a nice feed of snapper and sweetlip , i also managed to catch one of those butterfly fish i was suprised at how well they fight.

Around 10am we get a call from Bret who was on his way out bu taking it easy, they hooked up and also started to loose a few lures to whoo.

By 2pm we started another troll as Bret appeared to hitting a nice patch each pass , i noticed a nice ball below us and was just telling Malorie that we should get a hit atleast, no sooner had i said that wham of it took on a cd14 rapala, he was big and very hungry he gulfed the lure down not leaving a mark on the lure . After a gaff and and introduction to the priest he was subdued , he was 1.65mtr and around 20kg ( photoes to come later ). The whoo i hooked earlier was much larger but alass i can not claim it.

Sorry about no photoes but i need to get the film developed , but the day was an absaloute blast even though the fishing was a little slow it was such a nice day NO TRAFFIC.

Cheers Sandman

scoota
08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Looking forward to the pic Sandman. Love them HOO!
Scoota

Brooksy
08-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Good work Mick wish I could have been out there. :(

Steve

Sandman
08-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeh Steve it was great , i am still alittle p#**ed off about not being out there today with the crew. By the way i seem to be missing my gimble belt i last used it on Yemer have you seen it ?
Mick

Sandman
11-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Better late than never