PDA

View Full Version : Macks Couran - South Straddie Part 2 - Sunday

MrWong
07-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Howdy all,
Well thanks to some very good ground work and info past my way via Pegasus the Wongers went to The goldy today.
After a day on the bay yesterday for nothing more than 3 pike and a flatty on soft plastics, it was a gentlemans start today for us (a second day out with a 2yo n Lady in the poly ..... the Mrs is a absolute champ! ).

Anyhoo back to the story...... off we go following Pegasus's directions..... and sure enough a 9.30am our arrival had us half way up Straddie on the outside with at least 30 - 40 other boats.
All shapes and sizes 4.2m ally tinnys to huge pleasure craft (even a couple of jetski riding fishos! ) all throwing a slug or casting a pilly at the spotties and schoolies hanging around an area the size of a couple of footy fields. No birds to signal that the fish were there....... just a couple of pods of dolphins having a feast even doing some free jumping and a Seaworld show.

Well it was fish on, or fish being boated at every second boat when we arived and it didnt slow.

By 11am the DPI /Boating police were there inspecting catches and boating safety gear as welL. There was a VMR Rescue boat having a look as well. A few boats nabbed for incorrect safety gear apparently (was chatting to the DPI /Boating police at the ramp).

By lunch time alot of boats had left as they had obviously reached there bag.... and with an Inspector inspecting they headed to find different prey i would assume.
For some reason my slugs didnt do the trick today. Mrs Wong (the Beatifull Maz - aka Scubacrazy off diveoz) was fishing away at the back of the boat and was well underway with 3 Spotties before I dumped the lure casting to come help with the baits!
Anyways at 1.30 the wind that was now howling in from the North West started to drift eastward (it had been increasing though onshore for a quite a while), the sea started to ripple and Baby Wong started to hate wearing his PFD and need a sleep (or some Maccas!).

Seven fish (6 Spots and 1 Schoolie) and we were on our way home. We had a great day, we didnt lose a set of gangs at all. Lost one spotty beside the boat and two or three out wide who threw the hooks on the initial run.

The ammount of boats out there was astounding, the authorities were very polite and did a good job, and the fish were accomodating.
Thanks Pegasus for your inside info us wong's couldnt go wong today!
:D :D :D

PS Our fish looked just like Cloud Nines from Yesterday. Still no pics here ( digi cam needs new Battery)

Cheers

pegasus
09-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Norm,

All good. Great to hear you had a great day. Got love those macs :).

cheers

lew

madman1
09-05-2006, 07:24 AM
You missed a good night out at the hards norm.

Good work on a feed.

We will hit the Hards next time.

cheers

Mark

bigal
11-05-2006, 12:48 PM
anyone been to thie area since last weekend

Daniel_Trenfield
11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Good spot that.

Caught my pb spaniard there in december(see pic).

Seems to be fairly hot & cold though. Been there twice this week when no birds, no bait, no mackeral.

Yesterday was mint conditions inthe arvo. Must have been 30m vis. We could see the bottom in the seaway only at the start of the run in tide.