PDA

View Full Version : iluka camping trip

boodo
09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi lads, went on one of my regular trips down iluka way weather was perfect ;D though the fishing was a bit inconsistant fished one of my spots last tues and didnt get a touch, fished the same spot wed and got a nice cobia and 5 good spotted mackrel, every day after only could manage 1 spot each day for the next 3 days, i thaught the snapper would be around down there but all i could get was undersize squire and monster bream, all in all it was a great break at a beaut spot cant wait for my next trip down iluka way.

later boodo

SURLY
10-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Hi Boodo,

Mate and myself are heading down Yamba way mid June for a week like we always do, trying for a jew or two . Just wondering how far offshore do you need to go to catch macks and snapper. My mate has a new 4.2m with a 30. We have seen boats of similar size if not smaller go out through the bar but we were unsure of how far they were travelling.

Cheer Craig

boodo
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
craig, i camp at woody head in iluka from this location you can acess a heap of areas that will produce quality fish, from here you have a very safe acess to the fishing grounds and your 4.2m tinney with a 30 is ample. Fishing from Yamba going through the main bar may be another story as this bar can be at times dangerous. Do yourself a favor and check out iluka as it is a beautiful little fishing town and the acess for a small boat via woody is second to none, the snapper should be thick come june.

good luck boodo

fishn-ads
14-05-2006, 03:22 PM
You will need a 4wd to beach launch if you camp at Woody, but it the only way I'd be taken a 4.2 out. Going out in the morning is no problem you gotto get home though? you'll have a ball in the Clarance regardless if you get a dark night go over to Ilkua harbour just inside the seaword enterance take yabbs and hang on, and if there's no fish theres allways Sledges Reef.

Iluka the only thing I like about NSW

Ads

White_Steenbras
18-05-2006, 11:36 PM
mmmmm would love to fish that wall a week after some flooding, been sussing it out, sounds like the camp spots alright.

boodo
19-05-2006, 06:54 PM
do you mean sedgers?