PDA

View Full Version : ANY ONE GOT RECENT REPORTS ON 1770

shane_wright
21-05-2006, 09:21 AM
HEY ALL YOU FELLOW FISHO'S
UP AT 1770 SOON COUNTING THE DAYS IF ANY ONE HAS GOT ANY LATEST FISHIN REPORTS FOR 1770 IT MIGHT KEEP ME GOING UNTILL THEN

17 DAYS TO GO
SHANE

Slider
21-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Tony's the man Shane but I notice he's offline at the moment.
Must be a busy Sunday around the ramp hey Tone?

agnes_jack
21-05-2006, 10:54 AM
No not real busy mate, crap weather >:(

Shane have a look at about page 4 in offshore reports section, not much has happened for the last week or so cause of the weather, lots of pelagics around the rocks over the last few weeks though, spanish to 15kg, bluefin to 16kg, and the odd report of smallish marlin and a sail around the headland too

Regards, Tony ;)
PS...Have a look at Sliders report too, must be about page 2ish

Slider
21-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Tony

We were spinning up small schoolies and spotties anchored up just off Roundhill when we were there. These 2 guys in a tinny saw this and proceeded to troll fairly tight circles around us using rapalas and catching and keeping very small undersized schoolies. So I rang Fishwatch and reported it to them and was told that there are 2 guys from Fisheries based at 1770 that would be able to look into it straight away. This was a pleasant surprise but I wonder now given the recent fish kill debacle whether I wasn't being fed a porky pie. Do you have any knowledge here.

Linds

agnes_jack
22-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Hey Slider
Sounds like a load of crap to me!! ::) ::)
Try ringing fisheries with a follow up call and ask them if anything was done about it, and what the results were. ;D ;D ;D One would have to ask, that if there are 2 fisheries guys in 1770,why they did not respond in any way shape or form to the fish kill :-? I have reported several incidents over the years, including illegal netting by Pro's from Bundy during the barra closed season. Fisheries told me that they had been told the pro's were going to do it, before they even got there,but did nothing about it because of "lack of officers available" at the time. The pro's were netting barra in middle creek, middle of the closed season, and were there for at least a week, showing there catch to quite a few of the campers out there and bragging about it, not in the least bit worried about fisheries. I can understand why!!! Yet rec anglers get fined regulary for very minor breaches of regs. (when they happen to be around, that is)

Fisheries are full of it!! It is all a big joke!!!!

Regards, Tony

Slider
22-05-2006, 09:15 PM
As I suspected Tony. Easy to fob a caller off and reassure them that they'll get straight on to it. Just one big public relations exercise.
I'll try that follow up call.

Thanks for that mate.