PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Hunting

devocean
28-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Well with thurs and friday being absolute glass outs we hit the water sat with the plan to hit up a few spanish with the intro of this cold weather. We hit up the point early only to be met by a strong 15 knot southerly and some decent chop. Got there and out went the rigs. I was using a fresh gar rigged with a bally hoo headstart rig (love these) whilst old mate was using a soft plastic ribbon fish.

Not a lot of action happening with 5 other boats troilling the same area. I was keen for a spear soon then it rained (in may???). The wetaher came up even rougher and we began to wonder ifit was worth the trouble.

The next 30 min saw 2 bust offs on the wire. Lesson number one we were using old wire (about 2 months old) that had already seen the water once. Very frustrating. Still nothing on the gar soI thru out an old 10 lure called The Prince Red and white pattern which was smashed 4 times to my amazment but no hook ups.

Soon gave it away and we headed to a spot nearby for me to have a quick dive. Hadnt speared for 3 months properly and accordingly I went on to miss 2 nice coral tout and 2 nice tuskys and a barra. Was also privledged to see the remains of Micks crayfish spree from an hour before. If your out there bugman get onto him he got all the crays and left me with the wobbygongs.

Bashed it home and then put the boat on the trailer to look out to sea and watch it calm off. Definetly a trip to forget. No photos because they are all of me either crying or throwing a hissy fit

Mick
30-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, you definately got in the wrong boat Dan. I have never reached my bag limit of crays before but I have now.

I have tried to add a picture here but the F@#$ing crap keeps coming up with a preview crap thingy, lost patience with this cruddy crap crap crap