PDA

View Full Version : Green Island

bream_boy
22-05-2006, 04:23 PM
G'day mate, the fishing off Green with my mate and his dad last saterday the 19th was great, especially for a 13 year old like me , The fishing started at 9:00am and with in 5 minutes my mate Brendan had alredy pulled in two shovelnose sharks aprox 80cm's on squid. 10 minutes later his dad caught a 2.5 foot bronze whaler. Not long after I hooked into a 4.5-5.0 foot bronzy using pilchards on a 4.0 hook, it put up a good fight for about 5 minutes and just as brendan's dad tried to gaffe it, it jumped up out of the warter and broke off. We then moved off to a reef and ankerd. we caught a couple of sweetlip which we then used for live bait. using live bait we caught two wobbegong's just short from a meter, I caught a grinner about 40 cm's.

it was a great day all in all
cheers

bream_boy
23-05-2006, 08:42 AM
G'day mate, the fishing off Green with my mate and his dad last saterday the 19th was great, especially for a 13 year old like me , The fishing started at 9:00am and with in 5 minutes my mate Brendan had alredy pulled in two shovelnose sharks aprox 80cm's on squid. 10 minutes later his dad caught a 2.5 foot bronze whaler. Not long after I hooked into a 4.5-5.0 foot bronzy using pilchards on a 4.0 hook, it put up a good fight for about 5 minutes and just as brendan's dad tried to gaffe it, it jumped up out of the warter and broke off. We then moved off to a reef and ankerd. we caught a couple of sweetlip which we then used for live bait. using live bait we caught two wobbegong's just short from a meter, I caught a grinner about 40 cm's. sorry i couldnt show pics i dont know how

it was a great day all in all
cheers

shanekk
27-05-2006, 11:13 PM
nice ;D

Hooker1
29-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Its a pity the gaff bounced off the bigger one.

Flounder
29-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Getting too old to gaff fish, dad?

Hooker1
30-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Maybe I didn't want to bring another 5' shark in the boat again because it was embarassing watching you squeal and jump around like a girl after the last 5' shark came in.