PDA

View Full Version : Banks Excorsism Needed

Dave
29-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Left the ramp about midnight on Saturday With Steve(Westie) on board. Headed out to the banks at 35Kph. Pulled up on a mark that had fished well before. After an hour and still using the same bait we moved to another mark with the same result. Then moved a bit further north to a spot that has been told to produce good snapper all the time. Still nothing :'(. Persisted on this spot till daybreak and a few Snappery squire to about 3Kg came on board. Westie was having fun feeding the fish and occasionally pulling up the odd undersize pearlie ;D Moved up around the Hards and with the wind pushing us along made it very hard to get bottom. A skipper inexperienced in anchoring didnt help much. Spent just as much time trying to anchor on a spot as fishing >:(. More practice needed 8-). Headed back in about 9.30, first 10k was great but then hit a 2m S/W swell for the rest of the trip. Neally 3hrs to get back in. I think Westie is keen to do trips to murphies (much closer in) from now on. Overall had a great day, great company and a few fish to boot. Talked to a few Ausfishers out there Daleprice and Seasaw. Good to catch up with mark back at the ramp.

Tested out the new Lowrance 339 sounder, was very happy with the unit on a whole. Hope to be able to do some exploring some new grounds in the future.

Dave

SeaSaw
29-05-2006, 09:52 PM
You can't win em all Dave :( You should have sacrificed Westie to the Water Spout .... then the demons would have been gone ;D ;D ;D Even if it didn't work, it would have been funny watching him spiralling skywards lol ;D

Cheers,

Mark

outsiderskip
30-05-2006, 03:32 AM
hi dave
we did have good conditions
westie is not used to travelling so far out
he a land lover likes to stay in close
at least u caught a feed

cheer pete

Volcano
30-05-2006, 09:09 AM
You know what they say Dave, always better coming home with a few in the boat instead of nothing.

As far as anchoring goes, I'm right there beside you. Dont know how many times we have found ourselves adrift towing the anchor along lol. Maybe some kind ausfisher will offer advice on "effective anchoring"
8-)

westie
30-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Going to be like Peter Beatie.......... wait till you all the brown stuff hits the fan and then I will FIX the problem TRUST ME ;D ;D ;D

Grim reaper

DALEPRICE
30-05-2006, 05:33 PM
looks like you still did ok dave,
i got out to late and the wind came up
to early, bugga. good to chat to you.
cheers dale

Big_Ren
30-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Better luck next time Dave. Westie is assuring one and all that the worm will turn. look out Daniel ;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

westie
30-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Exorcism, Water Spouts, B R I N G IT ON I am up for it.
There is one minor detail, Spiro and I went out Spanner Crabbing and we did alright. So that tells me that maybe I need to try some new deckies as the former ones and Hainsey has been one in my boat and got hooked to something big and DROPPED IT :-[ Daniel has held his end up MOST times well some anyway.
Scott well ................... thinking here ................he is hit and miss even he admits his 4 yr old out fishes him but great company. Spiro v/good record to this stage. Barracuda We won't go there. Gunnda maybe next time we will get them.

So maybe if a certain persons did not play with there new TV / Sounder and stayed on the one channel/ spot instead of when the fish went off the screen they moved, and maybe went to DIY anchor school, things may have been different ::)

Dave thanks for a unforgettable trip, I am sure I will be reliving the experience for weeks to come, when the pain subsides.
IF there is a NEXT time there will not be anything with SUGAR in the boat so that right arm will not be to heavy handed on the throttle There is limits to what a Haines hull can do to make it a soft ride, I hope you find it soon.

Have not caught up with Daniel yet, but from the conversation at the ramp Mark got on top of the seas and skimmed over the top.

I am sure Daniel said his feet were 6-8 feet off the deck some times. Mark you call that a good trip home Deckies hanging on to the transom with feet over the back of the boat is a good trip home . What the hell were you on!!!!
Hainsey only had a Coke to drink on the way home and thought he was at Bathurst.

You must have thought you were a female in the Coles carpark on Friday Arvo and seen a car parking spot up front.

No we all have our own little off the boil sessions.
So remember you need to be like the OLD bull in the paddock and take your time, go slow and do the whole heard properly and move to the next paddock and start again and enjoy what you are there for. ;)

The day is close when westie will go to Murphies and clean up in glassed out conditions while you young whipper snappers are in your offices.
Then who will the last laugh YEP this Old BULL Moo Moo :-* :-*

Westie has left the building .......

Big_Ren
30-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Well said Westie ;D

Dave
31-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Westie Westie westie ;D ;D ;D. Mabey we will have to send you out with Seasaw so you can appreciate what a good ride you had ;D. Buy NEXT time the new thrill of a newTV/sounder will have worn off and I can watch where I am going ;D. Hopefully will have a bit more anchoring experience by then too, so we can get a bit more fishing time. Till next time.

Dave

westie
31-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Hainsey you maybe right a trip out with Sea Saw could work, but It seems he is rather quick to send his deckies to the water spout fairy if they don't produce the goods.

So at this stage I may have to stick with the deamond I know, any way I am taller than you ::) and I did get the first 3 fish into the boat and 2 of the 3 were legal and I did throw back that good size squire thinking I would up size, and you did DROP that other BIG fish, so all in all I caught fish if you look at it that way I did produce. and you lost fish what you recon we are even #;)
westie #

Dave
31-05-2006, 07:07 PM
So true Westie so true, you did get the first three fish. Mabey next time I can put you onto that big Snapper. I thinks we are even. Might have to beg and grovel to Seasaw for a mark or two because god knows we have no chance of keeping up with him on the way out ,so trying to shadow him wont work ;D.

Dave

westie
31-05-2006, 09:15 PM
No Probs off to Dick Smiths tomorrow for a tracking device that should do the trick ........Shhhhhhhhh keep it to your self though.

SeaSaw
31-05-2006, 10:20 PM
You guys are SOFT ;D ;D ;D

I reackon you can keep your 3 hours sipping chardonay on the way home :P ..... I'll take 1 hour of little jarring and 2 extra hours fishing ;)

I don't know what you are complaining about. The trip back wasn't that bad. The only reason Daniel was 6 feet in the air was when he was doing his "oh what a feeling" jump after landing yet another 5kg nobby :o

By the sounds of Westie's description of the day, it'll take more than a tracking device lol ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Mark

BTW, Spiro got off too lightly. I hear he can't even find his crab pots ;D