PDA

View Full Version : The Exocism of Caloundra's Curse

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Today, Me, Johno and Daniel (aka Caloundra) headed wide .... NE of Murphies .... very wide ;).

The last time I took Daniel out, I recorded my worst ever trip to the banks, so there was a score to settle today with a bunch of snapper and pearlies. ;D Turns out Daniel is not bad luck, no matter how much Westie insisted he is, lol.

We scored good snapper, pealies and a bunch of other mixed fish to top off a great day on the water. I also had a small Black Marlin, which tooka pillie. After I bought him into the boat on my light tackle snapper gear (80lb) ;D I backed of the drag and let him run and jump, while Daniel tried to get some pics. Unfortantely the pics are all just splashes, and after a couple of minutes he threw the hooks. Was only a small one, under 15kg.

There were a few other Ausfishers out today. Talked to Hainsey out there and ran into him and Westie again at the ramp. Good to catch up with you both again.

I've got a lot of photos from today, so I'll just post a selection.

Cheers,

Mark

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:34 PM
First up it was Johno with a moses

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Next up it was parrot

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Then the snapper started

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:46 PM
and more

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:48 PM
then they got bigger

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:51 PM
When the Snapper slowed, we had no trouble locating pearlies. In fact every rise we visited was covered in them .... bag limits were not a problem. :)

philip_thomson
28-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Good stuff mark, conditions don't look to bad there, that moses is a ripper of a fish got to be pleased with that one. i was out from bribie and conditions weren;t the best, ended up getting some tailor and schoolies south of the bribie bridge

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:52 PM
More

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Daniel caught all his fish on jigs. The jigs pretty well matched it with bait all day.

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:55 PM
trag

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Last one. This is a picture of a couple of water spouts that were heading our way. Luckily they blew themselves out.

indy
28-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Nice fish how much did that biggest snapper go

Ps you look like travolta in one of those pictures ;D

SeaSaw
28-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Travolta ?? - I wish.

Mrs SeaSaw

-spiro-
28-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Well done Mark and Dan
top notch parrot :o pitty the snapper where so small ;D ;D ;D
good stuff 8-)

vertico
29-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Seasaw,

great trip and a great catch, when you say caught on jigs you mean plastics or metal jigs
thanks

sean

outsiderskip
29-05-2006, 06:12 AM
hi mark
well done good to see hoodoo broken
nice lotof sizeable reefies

cheers pete

reef_king
29-05-2006, 07:44 AM
nice catch mate, looks like you were close to us the way those water spouts appear in the photo. ;)

nqboy
29-05-2006, 08:22 AM
well done fellas what did you use for bait?
what was the fish tally at the end of the day?

lattic
29-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Nice catch

Az
29-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Travolta ?? - I wish.

Mrs SeaSaw

;D

great trip out mate, glad to see your rig back on the water and look forward to more reports to come!

620sf
29-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Tp catch Mark, conditons look pretty good out there. Some good size in some of those snapper

Luke

Smailesy
29-05-2006, 10:39 AM
some solid fish great photos well done guys

Big_Ren
29-05-2006, 11:28 AM
You're becoming a bit of a marlin magnet Mark ;) And you've now copped a John Travolta call lol.

Great to see Daniel's curse has been broken, it could be that Westie is the Jonah ;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

seapup
29-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi Mark,
Some nice fish there mate! Well done! How was the current?
Thanks,
Ben. :)

westie
29-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Today, Me, Johno and Daniel (aka Caloundra) headed wide .... NE of Murphies .... very wide #;).

The last time I took Daniel out, I recorded my worst ever trip to the banks, so there was a score to settle today with a bunch of snapper and pearlies. #;D #Turns out Daniel is not bad luck, no matter how much Westie insisted he is, lol.

We scored good snapper, pealies and a bunch of other mixed fish to top off a great day on the water. #I also had a small Black Marlin, which tooka pillie. #After I bought him into the boat on my light tackle snapper gear (80lb) #;D I backed of the drag and let him run and jump, while Daniel tried to get some pics. #Unfortantely the pics are all just splashes, and after a couple of minutes he threw the hooks. #Was only a small one, under 15kg.

There were a few other Ausfishers out today. #Talked to Hainsey out there and ran into him and Westie again at the ramp. #Good to catch up with you both again.

I've got a lot of photos from today, so I'll just post a selection.

Cheers,

Mark

You're becoming a bit of a marlin magnet Mark ;) And you've now copped a John Travolta call lol.

Great to see Daniel's curse has been broken, it could be that Westie is the Jonah ;D ;D

Cheers
Paul
[hr]
Hey you lot everyone has some bad runs, just some take longer to come through than others.

18 mths you think I would be coming through by now!!!!!

Daniel thanks, for the words of encouragement on the radio Sunday hope I can return the same to you when you are in NEXT fish drought MATE!!!

BUGGER (OPP's how did that happen) I have seemed to misplaced you phone number when I hit DELETE for when I next need a deckie ;D it's Ok Scott yours is still there.

Worn out out fisherman Westie

DALEPRICE
29-05-2006, 06:29 PM
thats an awesome trip mark,
those perlies are stonkers :P
sounds like you had a better day than me,
late start and couldnt find a scale to save myself for a while.
took about an hour to locate some fish then a 25knott se
blew us out the water with a sound flogging on the way
home. managed to find this fella before it all went pear
shaped.
cheers dale

caloundra
29-05-2006, 06:53 PM
mr travolta
thanks again for a great trip :)

sean
I used a metal slug with a plastic squid on it,I got it from BCF it works great the one on the right has caught about 12 fish and I think is due for retirement. the perlies love them and have also caught snapper and red's on them aswell

Daniel

Dave
29-05-2006, 08:52 PM
You really need to take Westie out Mark and do an Exorcisism for him ;D. Great haul of fish you got there. Very jealous :P
Scott - Very well done with the jigs.

Dave

vertico
29-05-2006, 09:36 PM
river 2 sea squids
cobia love em :)

SeaSaw
29-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Travolta ?? - I wish.

Mrs SeaSaw

Note to Self ..... Don't leave computer logged in and unattended ;D

Indy, Biggest snapper was probably between 5 and 6kg

How did you go Reef King?

NQboy, bait was pillies, mullet fillet, and plastic ;) .... Final tally attached

Ben, we had no current at all. Conditions were great for bottom fishing either on the anchor or at drift.

Dale, I heard you on the radio. Gentlemans hours never seem to work. I though you had gone soft when you were complaining about the trip back, cause we were in light winds. ::) But it got nasty when we headed for home with a nasty SW against the swell making it stand up sharply. The only way I could get a half decent ride was to travel at about 27knots and get on top of the slop. Any slower and we crashed in between the waves, unless you travelled so slow you were nearly off the plane. Anything in between was horrible.

Cheers all.

Mark

DALEPRICE
30-05-2006, 05:08 PM
27 knotts. you were hammering, i think i
was down to about 18. when the 30 ft shark cat
passed me running for cover i new i was in
trouble............ ;D

that last shot is a rippa mark,
you boys slayed them, again!!!
cheers dale

ronnieandbill
07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi Mark
Glad to see brother John caught a couple of nice fish. You know what would of happened if he didn't. !!!!!
Glad to also hear that you had good luck this time. Maybe you need to take me along next time and have even more good luck.
Nice fish and keep having lots of fun.
Ronnie

F1SH_BOY
07-06-2006, 07:34 PM
NICE FISH ;)