PDA

View Full Version : Let off the leash

Fixation
03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Well this was my first trip out after getting married. Must admit I got an awesome wife. She let me off the leash on Thursday to go out and hit the reef with the old man. We were planning on a trip out to the banks but the 4 knot variable breeze turned round at lunch time and decided to start really fanning itself straight from the north.
We decided to go out and have a play anyway hoping the wind died out.

Tried jigging some livies first on some of our guaranteed livie spots but to no avail. Maybe the wind shut them down, dunno. We had plenty of dead bait though so it was off to do a bit of searching before the sun got too low.

First spot didn’t produce much. A couple of sweeties and the sly deckie decided he was going to win the happy moment award with a big unit coming over the side. Im glad he didn’t get hit by it cause she was a doosey.

The wind just decided to keep blowing and increasing by the hour. Seas started hitting the 2 plus meter mark at this stage and it was getting hard to just stand up. Dunno where this wind came from as the forecast had reported only light arvo sea breezes.

Anyway we decided to do a small move back towards the coast and we dropped the pick on a not so promising show. #Things started a little slow again. The sly deckie was on fire. Not only did he get the happy moment award but also the giant wobbygong award as well. Poor sucker. I thought things can only get better from here.

As the sun started to dip in the sky a stream of snapper started hitting the deck amongst some undersize maori cod and sweeties.
Right on sunset the wind started blowing 20 knots from the north gusting to 25 knots.

It was absolutely howling and we copped a couple over the side at anchor which has never happened. Getting a little concerned but then the bite really heated up and we started hooking better knobbies and loosing quite a few big units. Few more hit the deck then the call was made that conditions were just ridiculous so we had to leave them on the bite and head for home.
Real bad trip back with a couple of airborne moments but the seafarer handled it well.

It’s good to see all the great reports from the fraser comp and catch up with everyone.

Fixation
03-06-2006, 10:26 AM
:)

StevenM
03-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Nice feed of fish there Fixation

revs57
03-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Keep going home with feeds like that Craig and Naomi can only say "Keep fishing dear"!!!Good stuff mate...have to catch up soon

Rhys

Narby_Pup
03-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Nice lot of fish!! :)

onerabbit
03-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Dont it kill ya when the deckie kicks your ar$e, my deckie has got me badly twice in the last 2 weeks. His turn will come.

Muzz

Fixation
03-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah onerabbit it does suck when the deckie out fishes me - which is most of the time. He's got some sort of lady luck charm or something. Still trying to work out what it is. :)

gropeher
03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Not a half bad catch boys, well done, mmmm

Ryan..

Grunter71
03-06-2006, 10:03 PM
My deckie has also outfished me in the last few trips. To make it worse, she is only nine!!!

She is free with her advise though, as to what techniques I might use to keep up with her in the big fish stakes. She seems to forget that they are the things that I taught her.

I have also tried to teach her the golden rule. Catch a bigger fish than the skipper and you swim home. She thinks I am joking! If she out does me next time @#%$@&!!!

TheSlyDeckie
04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Mate there is no way i outfished you. That nobby was a perler!!

Did you get a measurement on the Moses?

Fishing_Freddy
04-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Great catch guys shame about the weather. keep up the good reports
Ken ;D ;D ;D

Fixation
04-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Ahh the slydeckie makes an appearance. Nah, I forgot to measure the moses although he's gotta be the biggest I've seen in a long time. Makes my knobbie look small. Hoping for alot decent weather in the next few weeks. I'll be in touch.
;)

Big_Ren
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Great catch Fixation. Remember every dog has his day, offer him a banana milkshake before you take him next time lol.

Cheers
Paul :)

griz066
08-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Noice ::)