PDA

View Full Version : "THE HARDS" FRIDAY 26 MAY - NOOSA.

seapup
29-05-2006, 09:07 AM
FISHED THE HARDS LAST FRIDAY AFTERNOON. CROSSED THE NOOSA BAR AROUND 1PM..WHICH WAS LOW TIDE WITH A 1.5M SWELL RUNNING.. HAD TO KEEP HER ON THE PLANE THE WHOLE WAY AND WE TOOK A FEW SOLID WAVES OVER THE BOW! ONCE OUT WE HEADED TO OUR BAIT GROUNDS AND LOADED UP ON YAKKAS AND SLIMEYS. GOT OUT TO THE TOP OF THE HARDS AROUND 3:30PM AND SOUNDED AROUND. THERE WERE A LOT OF FISH BUT NONE WERE TO HUNGRY UNTIL ABOUT 5PM. THEN WE STARTED PULLING IN SNAPPER TO 4KG. ALSO CAUGHT PARROT, PEARLYS, 2 X REDS, MOSES PERCH, ROSY JOBFISH AND COBIA. WE QUICKLY BAGGED OUT AND HEADED HOME AT 7PM - CROSSED THE BAR IN THE DARK ON HIGH TIDE AND WAS HOME WATCHING TV BY 9:30PM. THE FISHING WAS NOT AS FAST AS MY LAST TRIP 3 WEEKS AGO BUT WAS STILL OK. ONLY 1 PHOTO OF THE CATCH ATTACHED MINUS A COUPLE OF SNAPPER, PARROT AND 2 X RED EMPEROR(MY MATE TOOK THEM HOME BEFORE I TOOK PHOTO OF THE HAUL). HOPEFULLY THEY ARE HUNGRIER NEXT TRIP!! ;D

seapup
29-05-2006, 09:08 AM
HARDS SUNSET ;D

Big_Ren
29-05-2006, 10:28 AM
The AJs didn't play the game this time hey Seapup? Top catch no matter. Was there much current running up there? We were out at the middle Banks on Saturday and there was stuff all current.

Cheers
Paul :)

-spiro-
29-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Well done on that catch for a slow start you realy got into in the end 8-)

seapup
29-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi Paul,
No AJ's for me on friday! Not happy! I always love hooking into the odd AJ! The current was very slow until around 6:30pm on friday night and then it got really strong. My mates were 2 miles to the south west of me on friday and said the same!
Cheers,
Ben. :)

finding_time
29-05-2006, 01:08 PM
That current was really running wide of the hards saturday night as well at one stage i was doing 5-6km/hr into a slight se breeze ::)

Ian

Ps. sent you a Pm Ben

seapup
10-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi Ian,
You keen for another trip out wide when this weather eases off? There should be some hungry fish around!
Thanks,
Ben.